cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement S32K144 CAN Pretended Networking mode

alstlr926
Contributor III

Dear supporters,

I have succeeded in implementing CAN transmission and reception through [FlexCAN_s32k144] example. And now I want to run CAN Pretended Networking mode using S32K144 EVB. However, no example file was found.
I have read [53.5.5 Receive process under Pretended Networking Mode] of Reference Manual, but there are some parts that I don't understand, so I want to use reference materials.

Please let me know if you have a reference or an example file for the Pretended Networking mode of S32K144.
If not, please give me an easy-to-access guide.

Thank you,

Minsik.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello alstlr926@naver.com,

There is this non-SDK example https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-346305 

If you are using the SDK FlexCAN driver, the Processor Expert allows you to configure the PE mode.

But we don't have any SDK example yet.

pastedImage_2.png

Also, there is this example for MPC5748

Example MPC5748G PretendedNetworkingCAN S32DS_1.0   

Regards,

Daniel

alstlr926
Contributor III

Hello, Daniel

Thank you for helping me. I have one more question. In the example, the MCU itself switches to STOP mode, and a CAN message is used to wake-up it, but is there a way to wake-up it while allowing only the CAN module, not the MCU, to switch to STOP mode?
* Only CAN module will switch to STOP mode and hope to continue MCU activation mode.

Regards,

Minsik

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Minsik,

Unfortunately, the FlexCAN module enters its Stop mode only when a system stop mode is requested at the chip level.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos