cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure CanIf_1 in S32DS.3.5

Jump to solution
lluo
Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to configure the CanIf_1 from MCAL drivers for S32K344 and I've seen the error as shown in the attached sreenshot. Do you probably know where the CanIfBufferHthRef is configured? Is there a tutorial for this? Thank you inadvance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi lluo,

It's actually in the CanIfInitHohCfg where you need to refer to your HTH object in Can driver configuration.

Namm_0-1704700564574.png

To add a CanHwObject, you need to add module CAN_43_FLEXCAN in the MCAL layer.

Namm_1-1704700965644.png

Then you need to refer them to clock source and so on...

I think you need to understand about this, so i will try to explain about the references.

First, you can find the .xdm file in folder config of each module. (this file is being used for EB Tresos tool, but it's kindda the same one using with DS)

Namm_2-1704701458415.png

Then you find the component that you want to understand. For example, i will find CanIfBufferCfg

Namm_3-1704701503716.png

When spend a littile time to read this (or maybe you already know about this one), you can see the reference of your link is in

/AUTOSAR/EcucDefs/CanIf/CanIfInitCfg/CanIfInitHohCfg/CanIfHthCfg

Namm_4-1704701566845.png

So basically you need to configure a reference in CanIfHthCfg, which in CanIfInitHohCfg

And so on.

It's quite complicated in the beginning but it's easy to understand i think.

There's a better way to read it is basically open the reference in EB Tresos tool.

Namm_5-1704701831092.png

But sometimes it doesn't support or miss the reference, so i think understand the configuration is better with your long-term development.

Please let me know if you have further concerns.

Thank you,

Nam.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi lluo,

It's actually in the CanIfInitHohCfg where you need to refer to your HTH object in Can driver configuration.

Namm_0-1704700564574.png

To add a CanHwObject, you need to add module CAN_43_FLEXCAN in the MCAL layer.

Namm_1-1704700965644.png

Then you need to refer them to clock source and so on...

I think you need to understand about this, so i will try to explain about the references.

First, you can find the .xdm file in folder config of each module. (this file is being used for EB Tresos tool, but it's kindda the same one using with DS)

Namm_2-1704701458415.png

Then you find the component that you want to understand. For example, i will find CanIfBufferCfg

Namm_3-1704701503716.png

When spend a littile time to read this (or maybe you already know about this one), you can see the reference of your link is in

/AUTOSAR/EcucDefs/CanIf/CanIfInitCfg/CanIfInitHohCfg/CanIfHthCfg

Namm_4-1704701566845.png

So basically you need to configure a reference in CanIfHthCfg, which in CanIfInitHohCfg

And so on.

It's quite complicated in the beginning but it's easy to understand i think.

There's a better way to read it is basically open the reference in EB Tresos tool.

Namm_5-1704701831092.png

But sometimes it doesn't support or miss the reference, so i think understand the configuration is better with your long-term development.

Please let me know if you have further concerns.

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos
lluo
Contributor III
Hi @NamLee,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explaination.