Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change FLEXIO I2C MASTER to use LPI2C1 instead S32K144EVB

Jump to solution
RML_SPARKY
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am using the i2c_pal project for S32K144EVB which uses FLEXIO for the I2C Master and LPI2C0 as the salve.

I would like to reconfigure to use LPI2C1 as the Slave please.

When i choose the drop down in processor expert for the resource i can only choose FLEXIO or LPI2C0 which are both already in use.

Im sure its a case of adding a new resource in processor expert but i cant figure out how.

Project attached for reference. Thanks
Rich

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rich, 

Sorry, only S32K148 has 2 LPI2C instances.

Table 52-1. LPI2C configuration.png

FlexIO driver only supports master mode. This is why you can not configure FlexIO_I2C as Slave.

FlexIO driver only supports master mode S32K1 SDK RTM 3.0.0.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RML_SPARKY
Contributor I

OKay, so i now realise there is only one LPI2C BUS for use, However, I would like to swap the example so that the master is LPI2C and slave is FLEXIO.

Is it as simple as changing the "Device" in the i2c1 and i2c2 components? i have tried this and although i can swap the device resource, it removes the slave tick box from the i2c1 slave configuration and puts a stike through along the entire line, if i try to re-enable the tickbox it only momentarily takes the tick and then removes it striking through the option again.

Any ideas?

Thakns
Rich

RML_SPARKY_0-1716470767332.png

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rich, 

Sorry, only S32K148 has 2 LPI2C instances.

Table 52-1. LPI2C configuration.png

FlexIO driver only supports master mode. This is why you can not configure FlexIO_I2C as Slave.

FlexIO driver only supports master mode S32K1 SDK RTM 3.0.0.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos