FPU support on S32K3xx

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPU support on S32K3xx

geethikak2
Contributor I

I want to Provide FPU enablement and support on NXPS32K38. So, I want to detect the exceptions of IOC and DZC and raise an Interrupt accordingly whenever the system notices a DZC or IOC and perform exception handling. I want to retrieve the data using which these exceptions are getting raised. Like if there is an 5/0 operation and the ISR is raised I want to retrieve these values 5 and 0 in ISR and use these to do the exception handling mechanism. As per the datasheet/Reference Manual, the info regarding these were captured using the FPCCR extended stack frame and the FPU S0-S31 registers capture the information. But while I am trying to access the registers, I am getting the same values all the time even after I try to change the exception raising mechanism. So, does it mean the S0-S31 registers doesn't contain the information of such exceptions? If yes, where can I get this control data from?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you have set following register properly? Also statuses are reported in core's FPSCR register.

davidtosenovjan_0-1693295427806.png

0 Kudos

geethikak2
Contributor I

Yes, we have set the register properly. And all the statuses are recorded in the FPSCR. 

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Also what you are describing sounds me as lazy stacking feature, described in ARM documents:

davidtosenovjan_1-1693298728465.png

Also there is an appnote for that:

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dai0298/a

0 Kudos