Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCCU FAULT state reaction

Jump to solution
Pusoy
Contributor III

Hi,

In the safety section of the reference manual, in the introduction of the FCCU (Fault Collection and Control Unit) module, there are three options mentioned regarding the error handling mechanism when FCCU enters the FAULT state.

Pusoy_0-1703834758040.png

These three options can also be selected simultaneously in the configuration tool.

However, during my debugging process, I noticed that if I select all three options, my program automatically performs a functional reset before entering the NMI (Non-Maskable Interrupt) handler function.

Pusoy_0-1703835509684.png

1. Can you please explain the execution order of these three reactions when all three options are selected?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

However, during my debugging process, I noticed that if I select all three options, my program automatically performs a functional reset

Yes that is correct. Since your FCCU will immediately wire signal to RGM and then reset is performed sooner as the interrupt is executed.

Basically, just select reset or interrupt and optionally EOUT to those 2.

If the FCCU is not able to perform interrupt the FOSU will reset it anyway after timeout.

So set reset on the faults you want immediate reset reaction to prevent device damage (motor burnout etc..) and interrupts on the faults you want to analyze before any actions are performed.

If you select all, they will be executed in parallel and your device will take reset.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

However, during my debugging process, I noticed that if I select all three options, my program automatically performs a functional reset

Yes that is correct. Since your FCCU will immediately wire signal to RGM and then reset is performed sooner as the interrupt is executed.

Basically, just select reset or interrupt and optionally EOUT to those 2.

If the FCCU is not able to perform interrupt the FOSU will reset it anyway after timeout.

So set reset on the faults you want immediate reset reaction to prevent device damage (motor burnout etc..) and interrupts on the faults you want to analyze before any actions are performed.

If you select all, they will be executed in parallel and your device will take reset.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos