Does SCST library can perform the testing with some nested interrupts enabled?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SCST library can perform the testing with some nested interrupts enabled?

Jump to solution
snaku_lee
Contributor III

Hi,

My application initial code sets all enabled interrupts' priority to lowest level (15), and it will perform the SCST_M4_S32K144 library periodically (every 5 ms), and it goes well before this week.

But this week I enable a new interrupt (FTM capture) to measure a 1KHz PWM signal, and I forgot to change the IRQ priority level to 15, so nested interrupt is working, and my application code hangs in the SCST library, sometimes it hang in different point. The call stack in below pictures.

My question is that why this happen and how to fix it ? Should I set all interrupt in the same priority for SCST library?

scst_hang_1.png

scst_hang_2.png

Thank you,

Snaku

0 Kudos
1 Solution
snaku_lee
Contributor III

I got a message from NXP's support case, it mention S32K144_M4SCST_1.0.6_D2106 fix a bug related to nested interrupt, and I am using S32K144_M4SCST_1.0.4, so it could be the reason why my program hangs in the SCST library.

there are no details what version of SCST library you use and therefore I would recommend you to use the latest one S32K144_M4SCST_1.0.6_D2106 with the following fixes:

========================================================

What's modified in RTM 1.0.6 release:

Bugs:

CSTL-661 Nested interrupts bug

- Fixed bug with nested interrupts causing unexpected exceptions and

corrupted interrupt vector table (VTOR register).

Martin

Technical Support 

NXP Semiconductor 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
snaku_lee
Contributor III

I got a message from NXP's support case, it mention S32K144_M4SCST_1.0.6_D2106 fix a bug related to nested interrupt, and I am using S32K144_M4SCST_1.0.4, so it could be the reason why my program hangs in the SCST library.

there are no details what version of SCST library you use and therefore I would recommend you to use the latest one S32K144_M4SCST_1.0.6_D2106 with the following fixes:

What's modified in RTM 1.0.6 release:

Bugs:

CSTL-661 Nested interrupts bug

- Fixed bug with nested interrupts causing unexpected exceptions and

corrupted interrupt vector table (VTOR register).

Martin

Technical Support 

NXP Semiconductor 

0 Kudos