Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not generate UART configuration for S32K388

Jump to solution
Gnanesh
Contributor I

Hardware: S32K388

Issue Description: I am facing issue during generation of UART config. It's complaining saying LPUART4 and LPUART12 are using same source channel of DMA Method and asking me to configure only one of LPUART4 or LPUART12. But for my application, I need both of the channels to be configured.

Gnanesh_0-1718120307842.png

I made sure that I am using different DMA channels when I configured Rm and Mcl.

Gnanesh_1-1718120430679.png

Is this error with Tresos generator? If not, please help me with identifying the problem here. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Gnanesh,

This is a HW limitation.

There are many peripherals but not many DMAMUX slots, therefore, some of the DMAMUX sources are routed to more peripharals.

Like source 43:

danielmartynek_0-1718200296438.png

That means that if either of the LPUARTs received data, it would trigger both DMA channels and both LPUART DATA registers would be read by the DMA at the same time.

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Gnanesh,

This is a HW limitation.

There are many peripherals but not many DMAMUX slots, therefore, some of the DMAMUX sources are routed to more peripharals.

Like source 43:

danielmartynek_0-1718200296438.png

That means that if either of the LPUARTs received data, it would trigger both DMA channels and both LPUART DATA registers would be read by the DMA at the same time.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos