cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control a Contactor/Relay using S32K144EVB

rparveez
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a S32k144EVB and I want to control the contactor using GPIO pins. The contactor already has an internal diode for coil suppression. The coil voltage is 12VDC and coil current is 0.23A.

I could find information of GPIO pullup resistors. Can you please provide this information?

Do I just need to connect external driver, maybe ULN driver or a transistor circuit? Or what is the best way to control a contactor using s32k144evb

Thanks for help 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

for GPIO pull up value please refer to Table 17 and 18 of the DS; https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/S32K-DS.pdf

To control a relay you need to use driver or transistor as you wrote. You can find many suggestions on the web fro this.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

rparveez
Contributor II

Hi PetrS,

I used PTE14 J05-06 Pin for contactor control with simple model where I just switched 0-5V every 30s with Green LED switching whenever there is voltage change at the pin. I used ULN driver to drive the contactor. This was working fine but all of sudden the S32K144 stopped working and only D2 is blinking. It does not work even if I try to download any other example model (from MBDT lib in Mathworks). 

Can you please let me know if its because I toasted something on board?

Thanks,

Rubeena

0 Kudos