Can I create a S32K3 project with GHS compiler toolchain (S32 DS) and debug by PE Micro

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a S32K3 project with GHS compiler toolchain (S32 DS) and debug by PE Micro

mrtientv6
Contributor II

Dear Supporters,

We have GHS licenses, and we are purchasing S32K3 board (S32K3X4EVB-T172 Evaluation Board for Automotive General Purpose | NXP Semiconductors).

I have a question that: Can we create a S32K3 project with GHS compiler toolchain, and flashing and debug by micro-USB cable in S32 DS IDE?

We are now cannot prepare TRACE32 or any debug probe at this time, so we need to confirm about this solution can work.

Thank you,

Tien Tran.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have a question that: Can we create a S32K3 project with GHS compiler toolchain, and flashing and debug by micro-USB cable in S32 DS IDE?

I am not sure if you express yourself correctly. So 2 scenarios below:

1. if you are asking if you can create projectr in GHS and compile it and burn to the kit. Then answer is yes.

2. If you are asking for compilation of kit example SW (from NXP) then you need gcc compiler (S32DS for example). So no GHS compilation is possible.

petervlna_0-1688363975223.png

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

mrtientv6
Contributor II

Dear @petervlna ,

I read this document from NXP: How to Install Green Hills compiler plug-in into S32 Design Studio (see attached file).

I followed and installed GHS toolchain for S32 DS, then created sample project for S32K344. I tried to compile and there is no issue occur.

Could you confirm this example?

mrtientv6_0-1688365492398.png

mrtientv6_1-1688365506846.png

mrtientv6_0-1688443604385.png

mrtientv6_1-1688443618878.png

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you can use it.

As I have replied in first post. For new project is OK.

To compile existing examples written for gcc compiler, it wont work cause of different syntax.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

mrtientv6
Contributor II

Dear @petervlna  and all,

Can you confirm that can we create a S32K3 project with GHS compiler toolchain (S32 DS) and debug by PE Micro?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you can use PEMicro for debug.

It is compiler independent and supported by S32DS.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes. The S32DS is build on eclipse. So GHS plugin for eclipse can be used.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-Install-GHS-Compiler-Plugin/ta-p...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

mrtientv6
Contributor II

Dear @petervlna 

Thank you for your confirmation.

But I have one question related to PEMicro. Could you confirm we can use micro-USB cable to connect and debug our software as above example setting.

We tested it's OK with S32K144EVB, but now we need to use S32K3 board for our project development.

Note: We are purchasing s32k3x4evb-t172 board, not have device to test and confirm this debug method.

Thanks.
Tien Tran

0 Kudos