もしかして: 

s32g2 serial boot mode reset repeatedly

ソリューションへジャンプ
154件の閲覧回数
LIU_HAO
Contributor II

Hello,

I ran into the following issues on my S32G-VNP-RDB2 development board:
When I set the development board to "serial boot mode", the development board will reset repeatedly after power-on.

Previously, I used TRACE32 to debug STANDBY MODE DEMO provided by John.LI . I do not know whether the above problems are caused by this.

When I debug the same program on our S32G274A device, the device resets repeatedly when it enters STANDBY MODE. But when I power it on again, the repeat reset disappears.

please tell me:

1. What is the reason of the S32G-VNP-RDB2 reset repeatedly in "serial boot mode",and how can I fix the problem.

2.  Is this STANDBY MODE DEMO not suitable for TRACE32 online debugging?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you very much!

S32G-VNP-RDB2 S32G2 

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
142件の閲覧回数
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Given the description you have provided, below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

1. What is the reason of the S32G-VNP-RDB2 reset repeatedly in "serial boot mode",and how can I fix the problem.

[DA]: The reason for the RDB2 being put into a reset state when in serial boot mode is related to the Standby mode itself. S32G2 standby mode exit will trigger execution of BootROM, as told under the S32G2 Reference Manual [Page 1273, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 8, February 2024]:

"Exit from Standby mode triggers execution of BootROM. Depending on the wakeup source, BootROM boots from either the fast
boot or performs a full boot, as after any reset."

Since the boot mode was defined as serial, BootROM tries to look for an application under the serial interface. Given that the VR5510 was set to a non-DEBUG state, and there is no immediate code which S32G2 can run, the WDOG is not pet and then it will issue a reset.

In other words, the Standby demo cannot be executed from serial boot mode, should be directly from RCON boot mode (or flash).

[DA]: As told under the previous question, the Standby demo cannot be executed from serial boot mode, should be directly from RCON boot mode (or flash).

Please, let us know.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)
143件の閲覧回数
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Given the description you have provided, below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

[DA]: The reason for the RDB2 being put into a reset state when in serial boot mode is related to the Standby mode itself. S32G2 standby mode exit will trigger execution of BootROM, as told under the S32G2 Reference Manual [Page 1273, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 8, February 2024]:

"Exit from Standby mode triggers execution of BootROM. Depending on the wakeup source, BootROM boots from either the fast
boot or performs a full boot, as after any reset."

Since the boot mode was defined as serial, BootROM tries to look for an application under the serial interface. Given that the VR5510 was set to a non-DEBUG state, and there is no immediate code which S32G2 can run, the WDOG is not pet and then it will issue a reset.

In other words, the Standby demo cannot be executed from serial boot mode, should be directly from RCON boot mode (or flash).

[DA]: As told under the previous question, the Standby demo cannot be executed from serial boot mode, should be directly from RCON boot mode (or flash).

Please, let us know.

0 件の賞賛
返信
124件の閲覧回数
LIU_HAO
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your answer. I have solved the S32G-VNP-RDB2 reset error . I set the vr5510 in Debug Mode via connecting the J184.