cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP-Usage

Coco111
Contributor III
I know how to enable SMP. After enabling SMP,
what should I do in the user space to use SMP, such as how to write code, how to specify the CPU core, and how to enable load balancing
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you let us know which S32G platform are you using? Also, which BSP are you using?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Coco111
Contributor III

Soc :S32G274

source code :  BSP33.0

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Everything related to SMP usage under BSP33.0 is shown under Chapter 5 of the BSP 33.0 User Manual for S32G2 platforms.

Additional information is also provided under the "<Kernel Tree>/Documentation" folder. The specific folder depends on what information you are looking, i.e, for PSCI information, you could look into "<Kernel Tree>/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/psci.yaml"

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Coco111
Contributor III

I am glad to receive your reply. I have reviewed the relevant materials.

but what confuses me is that I do not know how to use SMP in the application space(User Space -How to). If you could explain to me more clearly, such as what libraries need to be used and how to allocate CPUs, I would greatly appreciate it

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no "HOWTO" available at this moment for the SMP. All information available is the one we mentioned before.

There is additional information on the possible userspace usage under the following path for turning on/off the available cores:

"\Documentation\devicetree\bindings\arm\psci.yaml"

If this is still not useful, help us either with opening a ticket under the NXP online services or sending this inquiry to your local NXP FAE, to see if more information can be provided on a private channel.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Coco111
Contributor III

Anyway, thank you for your help

0 Kudos