S32G Gold Box - BSP place

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G Gold Box - BSP place

minjun39
Contributor I

Hello, I am using the BSP SD card in the gold box. But when I started, I was supposed to enter the root and go in, but after checking using the bs -f command, it seems that the root has only been allocated about 353mb.
I want to use more capacity, so can you tell me how I can use other parts? My SD card is 32GB right now, but I want to use the remaining part

minjun39_0-1709358269852.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @minjun39

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sdh mentioned in my previous post is only an example, it means the dev name of the SD card which is set by the host, it could be different across different hosts, in common, it could be recognized as mmcblk($x) or sd($y), $x could be a number, $y could be a-z.

I am sorry that from my understanding, the commands like parted/fsck, etc. which are related with File Systems, need to operate with root level users.(it can be the root account, or other users with root authority)

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @minjun39

Thanks for the question.

I have the following suggestion for your reference:

1. Remove the SD card from the board, plugged it to the PC host.
  2. Check if there is resize2fs command in your host, if not, install it.( apt-get install e2fsprogs if ubuntu used)
  3. Reference the commands:

sudo parted /dev/sdh unit MiB resizepart 2 $size_needed

sudo e2fsck -f /dev/sdh2

sudo resize2fs /dev/sdh2

sudo e2fsck -f /dev/sdh2

1. When finished, try the new filesystem on your board.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

minjun39
Contributor I

there are no sdh in dev..
and To access a different location other than the root directory when logging in for the first time, how can I do that without using the root account?

0 Kudos