cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about using PFE-Slave

rqyang
Contributor I

Hi,

I recently have been working on the A-core operation related to pfe-slave. I referred to the following article,

S32G PFE master/slave scenarios configurations - NXP Community

I have a question: After running PFE-Master on the M-core, can I run fastboot to flash the A-core during the uboot ?

If so, how should I modify it?

hope the article author@Jerry_Huang can help me!!!

best regards!

Yang

0 Kudos
5 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @rqyang

Thanks for the clarification.

From my understanding, you may run the PFE master on M core, then enabling PFE slave on A53 cores(under uboot/linux), when enabled, you may use the new network interface to download binaries from host(via UDP(tftp) for example).

Then you may flash downloaded image to finish the “fastboot”.

For details, you may reference the BSP39.0 user manual, this is a new feature that just introduced from BSP39.0, if you are using the older BSPs, then it is not supported.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @rqyang

Thanks for the feedback.

From my understanding,  while running PFE-Master on the M-core of the board successfully, then the PFE-Slave could be used in uboot/Linux on the A-core side. Furthermore, if then the A core suspend, the PFE slave could also be functional after resuming.

Regarding to your questions, I feel sorry that I still not quite catch you. May I know how you boot the A core? What is exactly “fastboot” mean here? You need re-flash the A core images under uboot when A core has been booted?

I do apologize for your inconvenience.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

rqyang
Contributor I

Hi,@chenyin_h

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear.

When I mention “fastboot”, I am referring to flashing the image of the A-core using UDP.

Originally, the master was running on the A-core, and network initialization was also done in U-Boot to ensure the use of UDP for flashing the image.

However, now that we have moved the master to the M-core, how should I configure PFE in U-Boot to ensure proper Ethernet functionality?

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @rqyang

Thanks for the question.

I feel sorry that I do not quite catch you on the expression “can I run fastboot to flash the A-core during the uboot”?  Do you mean that the PFE slave running on A-53 while in fastboot state?

I do apologize, thanks a lot for clarifying.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

rqyang
Contributor I

Hi,Chenyin

Do you mean that the PFE slave running on A-53 while in fastboot state?

Yes, I have run PFE-Master on the M-core of the board, and now I’m preparing to run PFE-Slave on the A-core. Currently, the M-core has successfully loaded PFE-Master and is in the process of handling the A-core’s Linux loading of PFE-Slave.

However, in our project, the flashing of the A-core image is achieved through fastboot. Does this mean I also need to load PFE-Slave in uboot?   Alternatively, How can I flash the A-core image at the U-boot stage while loading the pfe master on the M-core?

best regard

Yang

0 Kudos