LwIP Stack in S32g2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LwIP Stack in S32g2

NP1
Contributor III

We are using S32G2 and trying to configure LwIP stack . We are using the example code from Design Studio (TcpIP package) lwip_s32g274a_debug.

What are the Hardware( VN5620) and PC( Ethernet and CANoe configuration)  settings we need to do to check the ping pong msg.

We followed the Description txt files which was already given with the example project.

We weren't able to see the ping response .

Please let me know the what are the configurations need to be done to monitor this ping pong msg.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

NP1
Contributor III

Is LwIP ( for s32g274a) example project work on all s32g274a board ? Or will it work only in evaluation board . we have flashed via serial flash , but we are not getting any ping response. 

Local PC IPV4 address is also changed as per the description. I'm not getting what did I missed ! 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Given that S32G2 itself has 2 boards (EVB and RDB2, by NXP), the example talks about the EVB and we personally have run it on RDB2, for which it should work on all S32G2 available NXP platforms. As for 3rd parties, we recommend sending the inquiry to them.

LwIP expects for the HSE-FW being already installed on the platform. If not, then it will be waiting for a response regarding HSE-FW and stopping execution of the example.

The provided link on our previous response shows how to bypass the HSE-FW requirement if you would like to.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

NP1
Contributor III
I could see in device_init api
Eth_T_InitPhys(); is commented out. Then how the Ethernet switch gets initialized ?
0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Some ethernet switches in RDB2 are already loaded with the needed image for development, and the initialization process could already be embedded on the provided image.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As shown on the description.txt file you provided, the section "prerequisites" describes what it is expected for the application to run.

- S32G-PROCEVB-S (Can run on RDB2, too)
- 1 Power adapter for the board
- S32 Debugger
- Ethernet cable(s)

There is no VN nor CANoe pre-requisites for this specific application. Still, there is a need for the processor to have HSE FW installed in it.

"In order to run the SSL echo application, CPU S32G274A must be flashed with HSE firmware version 0.1.0.0 in advance. Check the documentation of HSE to see how to flash it. A host-side utility like <b>openssl</b> can be used to connect to the server, e.g.:"

This can be worked around as shown in the following thread:

Solved: Ethernet Bring up - NXP Community

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos