Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLCE CAN transmission issue on S32G VNP RDB2 Rev.E

Jump to solution
AsmId
Contributor III

Dear NXP community,

I'm currently encountering an issue when I try to send a CAN frame via the BCAN0 of the S32G2 LLCE module. I'm using the demoboard S32G-VNP-RDB2 Rev.E.

I've seen via the emulator that everything performs well when I pop the BLROUT FIFO to get the index of the Tx Transmit table, after that I fill the message in the shared memory and then I send back the index via the BLRIN FIFO.

The issue is that nothing happens on the CAN bus. So after popping the index 15, the BLROUT returns 0xFFFFFFFF.

Is there any configuration that we should set in order to enable the BCANs ?

FYI, the firmware responds well to the commands I send and I've correctly configured the SIUL2 to configure the Tx and Rx pins of the LLCE_CAN_0.

We have also observed that transceiver of the BCAN0 (U17) did not change the logic level of LLCECAN0H and LLCECAN0L when we drive the LLCE_CAN0_TXD signal. We have also checked that the signal LLCE_CAN01_EN is in the high logic level.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AsmId
Contributor III

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre ,

As discussed in the support ticket, the problem is solved. It was due to the fact that the SIUL2 was not correctly configured for LLCE_CAN0_RX.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AsmId
Contributor III

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre ,

As discussed in the support ticket, the problem is solved. It was due to the fact that the SIUL2 was not correctly configured for LLCE_CAN0_RX.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
AsmId
Contributor III

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre ,

I'm using the LLCE FW version 1.0.7 but I do not use the NXP's RTD. We are developing our own drivers. So for testing the BCAN I followed the examples given by NXP.

Regarding the number of nodes on the CAN bus, we have only one which is the BCAN0.

I noticed that when I send the command LLCE_CAN_CMD_INIT_HSE the firmware returns "command not supported". Is this command mandatory for using the BCANs ? Maybe it is due to the fact that we have not provisioned the HSE FW into the demoboard.

We are not making use of the HSE, so I think we can get rid of this command.

Thanks.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We understand that the LLCE v1.0.7 was tested on top of RTD v4.0.2, as told under the Release Notes fro LLCE v1.0.7:

"This package was tested on top of the S32G RTD (Real Time Drivers) SW32_RTD_4.4_4.0.2_D2306 product for the generic stubs and platform dependencies (Base, Platform, Resource, Det, Dem, Ecum, EcuC, RTE, MCU, Os, CanIf, LinIf, FrIf)."

Can you help us confirm that using NXP packages you are able to see the correct outcome?

As for the following comments, below will be some information from our side:

• "Regarding the number of nodes on the CAN bus, we have only one which is the BCAN0."

CANBus standard specifies that the minimum CAN nodes that need to be available under the bus should be 2. We understand that you only have 1, which is not correct.

• I noticed that when I send the command LLCE_CAN_CMD_INIT_HSE the firmware returns "command not supported". Is this command mandatory for using the BCANs ?

We understand that HSE+LLCE is only available under the LLCE FDK (premium software). If you are working with the LLCE FDK, help us contacting your local NXP FAE/DFAE/representative, given it is a premium software.

Please, let us now.

0 Kudos
AsmId
Contributor III

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre ,

Is it possible to provide us a sample application executable (elf) that we can test on our side ?

Otherwise what arguments should be specified in the command Make in order to build the application ? The Readme file does not specify it.

Thank you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

All examples available for RTD+LLCE should be available under S32DS once the packages are installed.

As for the Makefile, under the sample application of LLCE a makefile is provided for each of the examples (or a single one for all of them) in which the different steps in order to build an application are provided:

DanielAguirre_0-1715695629183.png

Again, this is with the NXP RTD package being used as a base.

Still, if you are looking for NXP to provide it directly, we can recommend either contacting your local NXP FAE/DFAE/representative or opening a ticket under the NXP online services, since it is not a common practice to share files through the public community, we do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
AsmId
Contributor III

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre ,

Thanks for your reply. I've found out that the issue of not being able to transmit was due to the fact that the controller stays in the START_PENDING state instead of being in the STARTED state.

The conditions "Bus sync" and "BCAN exit freeze" seem not to be satisfied to pass to the STARTED state.

Can this be related to the baudrate configuration that can be wrong ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Given the previous comment:

• "Regarding the number of nodes on the CAN bus, we have only one which is the BCAN0."

CANBus standard specifies that the minimum CAN nodes that need to be available under the bus should be 2. We understand that you only have 1, which is not correct.

If there is still only 1 node available under your CANbus, then the minimum conditions are not met, hence it is not starting.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
AsmId
Contributor III

Yes, I was mistaken, I have actually 2 nodes, the second one is the CAN log tool.
Best regards,

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. On regards of the CAN log tool, does it contain a CAN PHY? Or is it only a logic analyzer?

Also, can you help us confirm that using NXP packages you are able to see the correct outcome? Since it is the intended implementation to install LLCE on top of RTD. You should be able to use the available LLCE examples which do not make usage of external tools and use the same S32G to create the CANbus.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
AsmId
Contributor III

Hi @Daniel-Aguirre ,

Yes, I can confirm you that after building the example project (can_loopback.elf) with "Make" and program it to the board, I've been able to see Tx transfers.

So It seems that the issue of the STARTED state is really software on my side and not hardware.

Yes the CAN log tool that I use contains a PHY.

BR,

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you let us know which RTD/LLCE version are you using?

Below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

Q > Is there any configuration that we should set in order to enable the BCANs ?

[DA]: As for enabling the BCAN, you should have previously configured the respective pins to be able to use it. As for LLCE, all should be done within the NXP API if configured correctly under Config Tools.

How many nodes do you have connected to your CAN Bus? Are you using any NXP examples?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos