Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run GoldVIP can-gw SW on M7 cores of S32g399a board

Jump to solution
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello ,
I would like to know how to run GoldVIP can-gw SW on M7 cores of S32g399a board?

What is the procedure ? i have built the SW successfully  now i want to run it on s32g399a board.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h ,
It was my fault , i dint change the boot Switch , to load from Nor flash ,

Karthik_7_1-1712313088023.png

Now I am able to execute the script

Karthik_7_0-1712313014472.png

Thank you for the support
Regards

Karthik Mallya M

View solution in original post

13 Replies
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

From the logs you provided, the test seems failed, since with a successful test, there should be some logs generated after several seconds when executing the script.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h ,

So, could you suggest me any other way to make sure software is functional on M7 core,

Is there any way to debug.?, what do u use for debugging this package?

Regards

Karthik

0 Kudos
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h and Team ,
I just run a Can-fast-path script by just looping back the Flex can 0 to Flex can 1,just to confirm the A core functionality is fine executing this script i found the below observation .

Karthik_7_0-1712310824122.png

1. Loop back was successful and able to receive all data .(which was not happening when i tried using FlexCan-0 to LLCE can0 and LLCE can -1 to Flex can1)
2. I understand script will also provide the CPU load of M7-0 and M7-1 which here in this case it is 0

So could you please help me to know why my M7 cores are not running .?and how can i debug this issue?

Thank you 
Regards

Karthik

0 Kudos
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h ,
It was my fault , i dint change the boot Switch , to load from Nor flash ,

Karthik_7_1-1712313088023.png

Now I am able to execute the script

Karthik_7_0-1712313014472.png

Thank you for the support
Regards

Karthik Mallya M

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems there is something wrong with you network from the logs.

A alternative way is to put the SD card on your host, say it is sdh, mount the sdh1 to the host, and copy the goldvip-gateway.bin to sdh1.

Then unmount the SD card, insert it to the board, while under u-boot, reference the following command to load it from the SD card to the ddr:

mmc rescan;

fatload mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} goldvip-gateway.bin

Then the binary could be loaded the ddr for the following work.

Hope it helps

Best Regards

Chenyin

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h ,

It seems like the with above command, provided by you its working you can check the below log.

Karthik_7_1-1712122891790.png

In order to verify the functionality of the can-gw software, as mentioned in the GoldVIP user manual i tried one of the examples, can slow path the response was as below , i dint understood this behavior 

Karthik_7_2-1712123188460.png

Even to verify the software is running i tried connecting to lauterbach ,but since we do not have a proper CMM script , i was not able to load the symbols, it was throwing bus error for all the atempt .

So could you suggests me, how i can verify, that the M7 core is running smoothly?  

Thank you 

Karthik 

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

For loading the goldvip-gateway.bin which is newly compiled yourself to your board, from my understanding, both the following ways could be correct.

1. Tftp the binary from the host to the board under u-boot, according to my previous post,
  2. Directly put the binary to the SD card on the host, then insert the SD card to the board, load it under u-boot from SD card to the DDR.

You may choose any option according to your working environment.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h .

I tried both the way ,

Getting error as" ARP retry count exceeded: starting again "

As shown in the snaps attached 

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay

For running the can-gw application from the M core, you may reference the following steps:

1. Find the pre-built binaries from GoldVIP, under GoldVIP-S32G3-1.11.0/binaries, use the dd command to flash the image to a SD card

sudo dd if=./fsl-image-goldvip-s32g399ardb3.sdcard of=/dev/sdh status=progress bs=1M && sync

2. Boot the board via SD, under u-boot, use the following commands:

run write_goldvip_images

Then tftp the application file you had built from EB(note: use the .bin file, not the .elf file from the output/bin)

tftp $loadaddr  goldvip-gateway.bin

sf erase 0x00400000 +${filesize}; sf write ${loadaddr} 0x00400000 ${filesize};

Then the application you built is successfully flashed to the QSPI flash.

3. Reset the board, the can-gw application could be correctly load and run on M7 core automatically.

For CMM files, there are no CMM files for directly running the elf file in SRAM for this examples, you may have to write it yourselves.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h ,

Thank you for the response,

I am trying out steps recommended by you.

I have a concern regarding step 2.

I understood that I need to use goldvip-gateway.bin from the newly built output folder,to load it through tftp.

But before performing step 2 ,do I need to copy goldvip-gateway.bin to the SD card ,

If yes , can I copy it directly or do I need to follow any specific command ,

If no , what is the procedure I need to perform to get it from my output directory.

Thank you,

Regards

Karthik 

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

Thanks for the question.

Now I am verifying it using the same version GoldVIP you shared, once updated, I will share the details ASAP

Besides, I noted that the other thread raised by you is similar to this request, would you mind if I replied from this thread together?

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h ,

No problem, I will be waiting for your response.

Thank you

Best regards

Karthik 

0 Kudos
Karthik_7
Contributor III

Is there any CMM script available ? . for M7 multicore here i am using both M0 and M1

0 Kudos