cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Fls module

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello,
I am using Gold VIP RDB3 board  and Gold vip EB package , here i would like to integrate the MeMstack so i have integrated the NvM,MeMif ,Fee , and Fls modules , but after integration Stack is not behaving normal , below are the observation i found
1. not able to place the break point to main or any init function but software was running state,able to apply breakpoints for cyclic task

2. explicitly pointed PC to Fls_init , during this found exception while accessing  Qspi_Ip_Disable(baseAddr); api.

Could anyone assist me here do I need to configure any other module?, if yes what configuration I am missing here.

Karthik_7_0-1716816937884.png

Regards

Karthik Mallya M

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We do understand that the MeMstack being referenced it is not from NXP available SW, is this correct?. We do recommend contacting the related provider for them to help you with the related integration. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @Daniel-Aguirre  

I hope even though memstack is provided by eb , the fls module ( mcal ) will be developed by silicon vendor ,I mean NXP , so there may be some dependency with other module like MPU , XRDC etc so I would like to know that what is the dependency here in my case to use the fls module , since this goldvip is a multi core package and fls is accessing nor flash which is external to SoC through QSPI peripheral, so could you help me here . 

Regards

Karthik Mallya M

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

On regards of FLS usage (without integration with 3rd party stacks), we do understand that there is an example available to understand the overall usage of the driver. You should be able to find it under the plugins itself:

DanielAguirre_1-1716843132564.png

As well as the documentation:

DanielAguirre_0-1716843114646.png

For the GoldVIP project itself, we do understand that FLS does not seem to be available under the Developer's Guide, which does provide the different features available for development, for which we assume this implementation is not intended hence no documentation is available. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @Daniel-Aguirre ,

Thank you for your feedback,

Yes , I have gone through this example , could you help me to understand what is the need of the RM module in this Fls example case .

What intended congratulations made here as a part of fls example

Regards 

Karthik Mallya

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We might be misunderstanding the overall inquiry, if so we do apologize.

We understand that the Fls module does not require the Rm module to be functional, but it seems that it was added for a specific feature, as told under the main.c file:

DanielAguirre_0-1716905517895.png

If not required, then Rm can be dismissed. Overall, we see that the Rm module does not have any configuration under the example, for which if you plan to use it as it is, it will not work.

For more information on regards of integrating XRDC under an NXP example, we can also recommend the following community thread:

Solved: XRDC with LinFlex0 initial fail - NXP Community

As for the usage of Rm, we can recommend looking into the the Rm example, as well as the S32G3 Reference Manual [Page 449, chapter 15, S32G3 Reference Manual, Rev. 4, 02/2024] and the AN13024 available under the S32G2 product page (link: S32G2 Safe and Secure Vehicle Network Processor | NXP Semiconductors).

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos