How to disable Secureboot in bootloader project from "Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G3_2023_02"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Secureboot in bootloader project from "Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G3_2023_02"?

Prateeksha
Contributor I

How to disable Secureboot in bootloader project from "Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G3_2023_02"? Is there any document showing the steps for disabling secure boot configurations to boot M7 core and A53 core applications ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Prateeksha

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay due OOO.

I tested it on my local machine, the steps for your reference:

1. Change the SMR to 0 from your bootsource.(Do not uncheck the “Enable secure boot” in advance)
  2. Uncheck the "Enable secure Boot".
  3. Disable the Crypto and CryptoDal modules.
  4. Open the SysDal--> PowerUP-->SystemPowerUpConfig_0-->InitList, then remove CryptoDal_Init
  5. Try generating the code from EB.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Prateeksha

Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry that seems there is no detailed guide regarding to this topic, simply uncheck the secure boot could not be enough, as indicated from the EB logs, the SMR index would  set to 0 from your boot resource.

You may firstly have a try by setting the SMR index to 0, I could help to summarize the steps later if still issue persists.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

Prateeksha
Contributor I

@chenyin_h , Tried to change the SMR index for the Boot image fragments configured, but  could not modify it as the option is greyed out and not modifiable. If I change the "Boot Source" from QSPI to SDMMC then automatically SMR index is getting changed from 0 to 1.So could you give the detailed steps, configuration and flashing steps for non-secure booting.

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Prateeksha

Thanks for the question.

You may refer to the Bootloader_UserManual from the documentation directory under your Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G3_2023_02 installing path.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

Prateeksha
Contributor I

Hello @chenyin_h ,

Thank you for the reply. But in the  Bootloader_UserManual from the documentation, I did not get the detailed complete information on how to disable the secure boot in bootloader project to start M7_0 core/A53 core application software non-securely. Could you share the section information to look into from  Bootloader_UserManual from the documentation?

By default the "Enable secure Boot" parameter is checked in the bootloader project configurations. If I try to disable it then getting generation errors due to SMR index configured to non-zero value.

So , I would like get more detailed steps/information's on disabling secure boot in bootloader project from 

"Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G3_2023_02" from EB bootloader Configurations point of view and other flashing steps. From the AN13456.pdf we would like to follow Non-secure boot flow, where BootROM gives control to application code(Figure 2, Section 6.BootRom).

0 Kudos