Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATF Build Parameters-FIP_QSPI_OFFSET

Jump to solution
Coco111
Contributor III

My NXP friends:

In the ATF source code, I couldn't find any information about make FIP_ QSPI_ OFFSET, FIP_ MMC_ OFFSET, FIP_ MEMORY_ OFFSET, Can you tell me why? Thank you.

Screenshot from 2023-05-18 22-14-43.pngScreenshot from 2023-05-18 22-16-20.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. As said in the BSP Reference Manual:

"For QSPI boot, configure TF-A to read the FIP image from a defined QSPI offset."

"For SD/eMMC boot, configure TF-A to read the FIP image from a defined SD/eMMC offset."

"Configure TF-A to read the FIP image from a defined memory address instead of reading it from the boot source storage (QSPI or MMC)."

These options should let you have control over where you want the ATF to be looking for the FIP image, depending on which interface you want to search over (QSPI, MMC or SRAM).

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We are not understanding the overall request. We do apologize.

What information are you looking for on regards of "FIP_ QSPI_ OFFSET, FIP_ MMC_ OFFSET, FIP_ MEMORY_ OFFSET"?

We do see they are used under the file you are referring to.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Coco111
Contributor III
I have read the Linux BSP user manual and do not quite understand the functions of these three macros. Therefore, I looked at the specific code in the ATF source code, but I found that there is no corresponding C code to handle these three macros
0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. As said in the BSP Reference Manual:

"For QSPI boot, configure TF-A to read the FIP image from a defined QSPI offset."

"For SD/eMMC boot, configure TF-A to read the FIP image from a defined SD/eMMC offset."

"Configure TF-A to read the FIP image from a defined memory address instead of reading it from the boot source storage (QSPI or MMC)."

These options should let you have control over where you want the ATF to be looking for the FIP image, depending on which interface you want to search over (QSPI, MMC or SRAM).

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Coco111
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. I understand
0 Kudos