Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble updating to S32K1_ISELED_RTM_4.0.0

Jump to solution
johnathan_weise
Contributor II

I am having difficulty updating to S32K1_ISELED_RTM_4.0.0 from 3.0.0

When I launch the .exe to install, I am directing it to the NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS folder, where all the other installations reside, but I don't see a new folder generated when the install finishes I also do not see any new examples when I launch the IDE and try to make a new program. I do see that the ReleaseNotes_ISELED.pdf file is updated to RTM_4.0.0 however.

Am I directing this to an incorrect folder, or am I missing a step?

1 Solution
dragosrachitan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As the ISELED driver needs to be installed over any SDK RTM 3.0.x so the installation path must be. be NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32_SDK_RTM_3.0.0

The SDK version will still appear as SDK RTM 3.0.0. Please check if the library libiseled_S32K148.a is present in platform\drivers\src\iseled\gcc. If this is the case, the installation was successful, as that library was added in ISELED RTM 4.0.0

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Dragos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Johnathan,

I recommend you to follow the installation guide. Please, see the installation path in step 18. in chapter 4. Installation of S32K SDK ISELED driver

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/S32K-SDK-ISELED-UG.pdf 

The available examples are described in chapter 5. Examples in the ReleaseNotes_ISELED.pdf file

Which example you do not see?

Best Regards,

Diana

johnathan_weise
Contributor II

I tried installing in the location shown in the image of step 18. It did not seem to work, though the installation said it completed.

When I go to start a new project from example, I do not see a RTM4.0.0 like I d with RTM3.0.0, or the previous beta versions of ISELED. 

dragosrachitan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As the ISELED driver needs to be installed over any SDK RTM 3.0.x so the installation path must be. be NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32_SDK_RTM_3.0.0

The SDK version will still appear as SDK RTM 3.0.0. Please check if the library libiseled_S32K148.a is present in platform\drivers\src\iseled\gcc. If this is the case, the installation was successful, as that library was added in ISELED RTM 4.0.0

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Dragos

0 Kudos