Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k148 RTD Linstack without AUTOSAR

Jump to solution
christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hi!

Is it possible to use the RTD Linstack in a non-Autosar project?

Regards

Christof

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @christofhaiding ,

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's up to you to select either the Mcu driver code or your clock configuration code, just make sure that your Lin configuration has the correct clock frequency value according to the code generator. 

Best Regards,

Nam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @christofhaiding ,

In your project, you can choose the non-AUTOSAR components from "Drivers" layer. Please note that LIN stack driver only supports link to Lin_43 from MCAL layer, but other components can be selected from "Drivers" layer, e.g. Siul2_Port_Ip, Clock_Ip, Ftm_Ip,...

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos
christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hello Nam!

As far as i can see, to use the LIN_43 driver, we have to add also the MCU driver (we are using the S32K148).
But we are not using this driver at the moment.
Is there a way to abstract this driver?

Regards

Christof

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @christofhaiding ,

Sorry, I didn't realize that part. Lin_43 driver needs Mcu driver to get the frequency of the peripheral clock resource, in order to calculate the BDR register value. As a result you will need to configure the Mcu driver. But it's up to you to use the Mcu driver or not, i.e. you can use your clock configuration in your code, just make sure that the clock source frequency is identical.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos
christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hi Nam!

So basically, i should just add the MCAL but don't call it, just to satisfy the automatik code generator of the S32 Design Studio.

And just use the "normal" Clock calculator to provide the LIN Stack with the right clock.

Is this basically right?

Regards

Christof

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @christofhaiding ,

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's up to you to select either the Mcu driver code or your clock configuration code, just make sure that your Lin configuration has the correct clock frequency value according to the code generator. 

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, it's possible.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos
christofhaiding
Contributor IV

Hello Nam!

Can you give me some advice how to do so?

Because it seams the the linstack is not working without any other AUTOSAR functions (LIN_43, MCU,..).
We would like to avoid them also.

Regards 
Christof

0 Kudos