cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPUART Example code not working with eDMA

Jump to solution
axb
Contributor II

Project is created from S32K144 EAR SDK Example Projects. But there is no communication with UART. The same code is working with Interrupts. I have changed lpuart_user_config_t lpuart1_InitConfig0. (.transferType = LPUART_USING_DMA,)

Am I missing any configuration?

1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

to be able use  eDMA  data transfer mode - you also need init eDMA driver by adding this line in the main function:

EDMA_DRV_Init(&dmaController1_State, &dmaController1_InitConfig0);

front of UART init. 

Another suggestion from SDK team is to use latest RTM SDK version. Lot of bugs is fixed there. 

Jiri 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

to be able use  eDMA  data transfer mode - you also need init eDMA driver by adding this line in the main function:

EDMA_DRV_Init(&dmaController1_State, &dmaController1_InitConfig0);

front of UART init. 

Another suggestion from SDK team is to use latest RTM SDK version. Lot of bugs is fixed there. 

Jiri 

axb
Contributor II

Thanks. It worked. Could you let me know how do I update my current SDK?

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you have installed all updates (main menu bar -> Help -> Check for updates) - you can create project from example with latest SDK version 

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

axb
Contributor II

Could you also look into another question of mine https://community.nxp.com/thread/456468?sr=inbox ?

0 Kudos
axb
Contributor II

Thanks

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

I tried LPUART example - and for me even the interrupt mode is not working correctly. I can get welcome message, but no response to typing. I sent email to SDK team for solution and I'll respond when I get answer. 

Jiri