cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexGUI read UJA1169 registers problem with S32K144EVB-Q100 board

fedora
Contributor II

Hi,
    I'm using the NXP_UJA1169Ax_GUI( alias is FlexGUI) tool with S32K144EVB-Q100 board,and FlexGUI can control R\G\B LED status, but all registers of UJA1169 will return the 0xff when click the 'R' button, What's the reason for it?   Please refer to the attached image.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Fedora

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhang,

The FlexGUI is by default only configured for using SPI channel 0, which is available on the Arduino header of S32K144EVB. The on-board UJA1169 is connected to the MCU via SPI channel 1. I have attached a patch that should allow using SPI channel 1, i.e. allowing a connection between FlexGUI and the on-board UJA1169 device. It is a self-extracting archive in exe format.

BRs, Tomas

0 Kudos

fedora
Contributor II

Thanks ,Tomas

But where can I download this patch(self-extracting archive)?

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhang,

Let me try to re-attach the file. If blocked, I will try to find another way to distribute it to you.

BRs, Tomas

0 Kudos

fedora
Contributor II

Hi, Tomas:

Today, I have installed the patch files, and successfully read the value of Device Identification register that is 0xEF.  Thanks for your help.

Also, I have another question what's the difference between UJA1169x and UJA1169Ax ? I couldn't find the answer in datasheet. UJA1169 is used on my S32k144EVB board.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhang,

Glad to hear you are now able to read the UJA1169 internal registers.

The difference is support up to 5 Mbit/s, short wake-up filter timing and improved EMC performance. They both are software/hardware compatible. Image_1.png

Image_2.png

BRs, Tomas

PS: I am on vacation for the next 2 weeks.

0 Kudos

fedora
Contributor II

I see, thanks for Tomas!

Wish you have a happy holiday!

Best regards,

0 Kudos

fedora
Contributor II

This time is ok, I have downloaded the patch file.

Thank you, Tomas.

0 Kudos