cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug on s32k142 48 pin package with generated code from processor expert

bgong
Contributor II

Hi, 

Currently I have some problems with debugging software on s32k142 48 pin processor. After flashing the software on the target, the software jumps in to an default ISR. See the first pic below pls.

It indicating the software stopped at Watchdog ISR in disassembly viewer.

The Watchdog is actually disabled by default while debugging. Besides that I disabled the watchdog manually at the beginning of the program and tried again. it jumped still in the Watch dog ISR from the same code line (which is really wired).

Afterwards I debugged the software step by step and found that the exception is because of the code line which is marked in the second pic. It seems that there would be an error by pointing the Port base in target. 

This software module was created by processor expert for s32k142_100 100-pins LQFP100. (pic below)

can i still use processor expert for the 48 pin micro ? 

PS: 

I didn't find a description for s32k142 48 pin in reference manual. but i think the memory adress should be the same as the 100-pins microprocessor or even in the whole s32k1xx family.    

Can someone help me to figure out this exception issue ? 

Thanks. 

Regrads 

Baoyuan 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Using 100 pin project with 64 pin device causes that your program ends in exception. Pins init function is trying setup pins which aren't physically present on your MCU. Please change package layout from 100 pin to 64:
How to change package on S32DS Processor Expert 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

bgong
Contributor II

Hi Jiri, 

Thanks a lot for your quickly reply. 

I am using a s32k142 48 pin package which is not supported in processor expert. Only the  LQFP100 and LQFP64 are avaiable. 

Is there another sulotion? 

Thanks. 

Baoyuan 

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Um, I see. I didn't find this part S32k142 48 pin in our portfolio and was assuming that 48 pin is just typo. Well, in this case there is no solution yet. SDK is not supporting 48 pin package.

Jiri

0 Kudos

bgong
Contributor II

okay, i just tried to assign the register directly instead of using sdk. and it works for me. Maybe i should rewrite some libs. thanks for your information. please let me know if you have some further informations. 

Regards.

Baoyuan 

0 Kudos