cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 debugging with Segger J Link and S32DS

swcoder
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a S32K3X4EVB-Q257 evaluation board and have installed S32DS 3.4(Update 3) IDE.

Segger J link version is 7.60f.

I am trying to debug the Digital IO Led toggle example on the board through the IDE with Segger J link.

However I get the following error on debug window. I am not able to see the disassembly or place breakpoints.

swcoder_0-1643812011148.png

My settings for debug are:

swcoder_1-1643812446902.png

swcoder_2-1643812480857.png

Debug output console:

swcoder_3-1643812988776.png

Can anyone please guide me on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I can reproduce your issue. On my side - sometimes - especially with very first debug session - it works normally. But next debug session fails in the very same way like on your pictures. With PE Micro it works normally. 

I didn't find the reason, it is probably something with Segger plugin - you can ask on Segger's forum. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

tsirkunenkoa
Contributor II

What if using a PE Micro debugger is not an option? We have to use the J-Link debuggers in our project.

I just don't understand how come we are not able to use a basic example project for the board that is meant to be used with the J-Link debuggers apart from PE Micro ones?

0 Kudos

swcoder
Contributor I

Does it work with the on board debugger with micro USB cabel?

Can you verify that once please?

Or does it give the same issue?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

yes, debugging works with Integrated PE micro debugger or wot external PE Micro debug probe. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

MateoSegura413
Contributor III

Lots of issues with the SEGEGR debugger. FreeRTOS will not go past the SVC instruction to start the first task. Please please please get someone at NXP to test this and debug it, it is crucial for any project that's not using an eval kit

0 Kudos

timwhite
Contributor III

I feel your pain.

0 Kudos

xuchaochen
Contributor I

you need to use hard reset when using SEGEGR debugger. when just using soft reset, there are some regs not be reset.

0 Kudos