cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G3 HSE_DEMO_S32G3XX_BuildConfig_Flash_Load_Symbols ERROR

wenyunhao
Contributor I

Hi,

when i debug HSE on S32G3 with HSE_DEMOAPP_S32G3XX_0_2_16_1/demo_app , every times i loads  "HSE_DEMO_S32G3XX_BuildConfig_Flash_Load_Symbols " throuth S32 Debug Probe, once i clicked then Suspend(||) button on the toobar to pause the application execution, and then there's error 

(failure during exectuion of python script  / failed to execute MI command, )

how can i solved this problem  ?

thinks

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Are you using any NXP reference board? Are you able to run the HSE_DEMOAPP (no debug)? Can you see the terminal print the information shown (or similar to it) under the HSE_DEMOAPP?

How did you build the HSE_DEMOAPP? If you could detail the steps, it will be better for our understanding.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

wenyunhao
Contributor I

Hi, Daniel-Aguirre:

thinks for your replay, I'm using my own product board and demo-app works fine.

i have terminal print but i don't know why i can't upload a screenshot, brief description below:

1. boot configuration is from qspi,  gZero==0,

HSE FW Version: 0.20.0_2.16.1
HSE FW Image: Pink
HSE_STATUS=00004B20
HSE FW up and running! Status:
HSE_STATUS_RNG_INIT_OK
HSE_STATUS_INIT_OK
HSE_STATUS_INSTALL_OK
HSE_STATUS_CUST_SUPER_USER
HSE_STATUS_PRIMARY_SYS_IMAGE

2. click and load  -> "HSE_DEMO_S32G3XX_BuildConfig_Flash_Load_Symbols"
HSE FW Version: 0.20.0_2.16.1
HSE FW Image: Pink
HSE_STATUS=00000960
HSE FW up and running! Status:
HSE_STATUS_RNG_INIT_OK
HSE_STATUS_HOST_DEBUGGER_ACTIVE (this is a new message)
HSE_STATUS_INIT_OK
HSE_STATUS_CUST_SUPER_USER
    As the same time an error was reported  “Failure during execution of python script. Reason: connection error has occurred during starting debug for HSE_DEMO_S32G3XX_BuildConfig_Flash_Load_Symbol. error code 102.”
    And then i load it again ,this time i can load the symbol ,but another error perspective window pop again "Failed to execute MI command:exec-next 1 error message from debugger back end:cannot find bounds of current fucntion".

The steps i build the demo-app as below:
1. copy the filefolder " hse,interface " to  the path "C:\NXP\HSE_DEMOAPP_S32G3XX_0_2_16_1\hse_releases"

2. S32DS 3.5   create a new workspace and then import Demo-app

3. build generate a HSE_DEMO_S32G3XX.bin 

4. generate a blob.bin 

5. flash the blob.bin into qspi flash

6. boot from qspi

7. load "HSE_DEMO_S32G3XX_BuildConfig_Flash_Load_Symbol"

8. then error appeared.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that the HSE_DEMOAPP was flashed correctly (since the message is shown under the terminal).

We seem to be able to reproduce the outcome you are seeing. We will investigate this matter and update you as soon as we can. We apologize for the delay.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We apologize for the delay.

We have received the following update:

"Please make sure that they use S32DS 3.5 for G3_HSE_DEMO project debugging. It seems they still use S32DS 3.4 for this project debugging."

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

wenyunhao
Contributor I

The IDE Version I use is  S32DS 3.5 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We will continue looking into this.

We apologize for any delay from our side.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have received the following update:

"

It may be caused by the debugging port being closed. Please delete the command shown below and rebuild.

DanielAguirre_0-1708635076695.png

"

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

wenyunhao
Contributor I

Hi,

Thinks for you replay, I'm so sorry to tell you ,When I comment the function"SystemWfiConfig" in line 550 of the file system.c according to what you said and then debugging with attach,But It still reported an same error as before. Did i misunderstand what you said about "delete the command shown below and rebuild" ? If so ,how should I solve this problem correctly ?   

Looking forward to you replay! thinks

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Looking through the HSE_DEMOAPP_0_2_16_1 Read me, we see the following information is shown [Page 11]:

DanielAguirre_0-1708973850682.png

Which seems contrary to what the internal team mentioned. Still, we tried with those specific versions and we are able to debug the application correctly:

DanielAguirre_1-1708973915347.png

Once thing is that we first need to select the "S32Debug" configuration. This will fail, then we select the "Load_Symbols" configuration, then we are able to debug no problem:

DanielAguirre_3-1708974041563.png

We see the following outcome on our console:

DanielAguirre_4-1708974065308.png

In which, until the 3rd print, we see that the debugger was set as active, then we are able to continue no problem.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

wenyunhao
Contributor I

my purpose is to debug the hse on s32g3 according "HSE_DEMOAPP_S32G3XX_0_2_16_1_ReadMe.pdf  Page21 6.7" ,but it isn't worked correctly, can  anyone help me ?  thinks

0 Kudos