S32DS - Link and set location of two libraries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS - Link and set location of two libraries

demian91
Contributor III

Hi, im programming a bootloader independent so i have a Program and a Bootloader so when i compile, it uses functions from libraries.

For example i have the function "__floatsidf()" from "_si_to_df.o" that is from library "libgcc_prog.a()".

This function is used in Program and Bootloder so i need allocate the function duplicated, one for Program and other for Bootloader and my problem is that when i link only use once because i suppose the function has the same name. i add two libraries to a folder \lib: libgcc_prog.a and libgcc_boot.a.

First i need to set all the functions from the library "libgcc_prog.a", the only way that i found to do is set all the ".o" that use, in this case "*_si_to_df.o (.text .text*))". So i set that in ".text : {}" and ".text_boot {}".

Second is force to use in Program and Bootloader to keep their own functions, i try with KEEP with no success. Anyone have documentation about that? Or a form to sure that no use the functions of library in some files?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm little bit lost. Let's summarize it. So - you have two independent projects - Boot loader and your App, correct? 

If So, you don't need rename libraries. You will have instances of functions from any library for both project. 

Or what's your issue? 

Jiri

0 Kudos

demian91
Contributor III

I have a project of MPC5746R and in a core (one of the projects) i have to split between Program and Bootloader including the functions of libraries because if i erase the program from Bootloader, it affects the same. When i compile, the functions of libraries used is created automatically one time in a location but i need to be copied in both, Program and Bootloader. Another solution would be to make sure that the bootloader does not use library functions exhaustively testing the bootloader.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not sure about your scenario. Ideal configuration is to have two independent projects - Bootloader and Application project. Application project has shifted .text area address from boodloader.

Anyway - in S32DS for Power v 2.1 is Bootloader example. It is for MPC5748G - but you can look at it just for reference: pastedImage_1.png 

Jiri 

0 Kudos