Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS Force re-generation of all code

Jump to solution
soerenh
Contributor I

Hi!

Is there a way to force re-generation of all code in the generated/ folder of a S32DS workspace project?

It seems that S32DS somehow memorizes files that it has generated and only re-generates them when the underlying configuration has changed. This is not very practical for collaborative develoment and can create differences among different S32DS installations. I'd like to forcefully re-generate all code in generate/ in order to have a consistent status.

I have tried:

1) to reload the SDK (Manage SDKs -> reload), but that did only overwrite some, but not all files. Siul2_Port_Ip_BOARD_InitPeripherals_PBcfg.h is one example, which isn't re-generated after that

2) deleting the generated/ folder. S32DS dosn't seem to care, but keeps on creating only files if I change the module configuration

3) cleaning the project

I'm desperately lost. I believe I have tried every button and setting... any help is much appreciated!

SDK I'm using is PlatformSDK_S32XX_4_0_0_S32G399A_M7_0

S32DS version: 3.5, Build id: 240529 (Update 12)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

deleting the generated and RTD folder should work. In project explorer right click on folder name and delete. Then go back into Config Tool and generate code again. 

If it still doesn't work, try to create new workspace and import your project into it. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

deleting the generated and RTD folder should work. In project explorer right click on folder name and delete. Then go back into Config Tool and generate code again. 

If it still doesn't work, try to create new workspace and import your project into it. 

0 Kudos
soerenh
Contributor I

Thank you Jiri,

I've moved the generated files to another folder, but still S32DS was smart enough to relocate them in the new place - this is the reason why they have not been re-generated on my side. I've now moved the folder outside the workspace scope and it seems to re-generate the files...