Port is not shown when trying to run configurations, Ubuntu Linux, S32K148EVB-Q176

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port is not shown when trying to run configurations, Ubuntu Linux, S32K148EVB-Q176

Jump to solution
ern0
Contributor II

I want to upload my ELF to a S32K148EVB-Q176 devboard. I've compiled the helloworld example, created an ELF. Selected pulldown region of the bug icon in the toolbar, selected the project in the left region (see screenhsot), debugger tab, selected OpenSDA interface, selected target S32K148F2MOM11 (it was the closest one, the only S32K148*), hit "refresh" button, but the "port" pulldown is empty (see fig.), so I can't select upload port.

The S32K app is running on a VM (Oracle VirtualBox 6.1 with USB extensions, USB3 enabled, host os is Windows10), on Ubuntu 21.10 (fresh install). The application runs as root, otherwise it does not start (meh).

I can see the device, the mass storage is auto-mounted, there are some .HTM etc. files on it. Also /dev/ttyACM0 appears.

port_nope.png

Notice: it was not easy to install the SDK.

• I've tried several Java versions, finally Bellsoft's Java8 worked for install.
  • GCC failed (in the IDE: silently!) to link, installing lib32z1 helped.

I think, it's not a unique setup (stock Ubuntu), and it should work out-of-the-box.

Also, I have bad feelings with the license mechanism: I'm not sure, if the software will work in the future, on another host machine, when NXP lincense server API will be not compatible with current IDE, or the key expires. If we are working on strictly audited project (e.g. medical area), NXP is not a good choice, we can't prove that the toolchain will work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ern0
Contributor II
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ern0
Contributor II
0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

what is your S32DS Version? 

0 Kudos
ern0
Contributor II

Version 2.2, Build 200116

version.png

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for info. Unfortunately - this older version is tested with Ubuntu 16.04 and you may be facing some issues with newer versions. Main limitation is, that for Linux host is not supported SDK. 

For linux host - there is couple dependencies (like installation 32 libraries) - all steps are described in Install Guide - Installation prerequisites for Linux platforms. There is no reason run it as a root and also installation should be performed with regular user rights. 

Related to non-visible PE Micro - I hope that proper installation will fix it. 

Jiri

0 Kudos