cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5775E/D Examples and How Tos

Jump to solution
bchang32
Contributor III

I'm looking at the suggested links from the MPC5775E-EVB pages and looking for examples. When I get to the Examples page, there are no examples for the MPC5775E. The closest is the 5775K. Is this an error or are there just no examples for the 5775E?

bchang32_0-1646681909238.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

All the files can be found in SDK folder inside S32DS installation folder.

An example itself then contains only files needed for that example. The files are generated and added when you click on "Generate code" button in the processor expert. So, when you add new peripheral and change configuration (or also when you load new example), it's necessary to click on "Generate code".

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

yes, there are no examples for MPC5775E on that page. The closest alternative for MPC5775E is MPC5777C and you can use examples for MPC5777C.

If you want to use SDK in S32 Design Studio, you can also check examples for MPC5777C. When you create new application project, it offers to use SDK - and it's SDK for MPC5777C which is compatible with MPC5775E.

Regards,

Lukas

bchang32
Contributor III

Ok, I am looking at the MPC5777C for examples, but I did notice that it appears that there are a handful of unresolved inclusions like Cpu.h, clockMan1.h, pin_mux.h, spi1.h, spi2.h, dmacontroller1.h.

Is there supposed to be a directory for these header files?

EDIT: I noticed some of the examples have them, but others dont. eqadc_mpc5777c has the include files while others like adc_pal_eqadc_mpc5777C and spi_pal_mpc5777c doesnt. Are these just errors and the example maker forgot to include? I'm pretty sure I need the spi1 and spi2 headers for the examples.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

All the files can be found in SDK folder inside S32DS installation folder.

An example itself then contains only files needed for that example. The files are generated and added when you click on "Generate code" button in the processor expert. So, when you add new peripheral and change configuration (or also when you load new example), it's necessary to click on "Generate code".

Regards,

Lukas

bchang32
Contributor III

Ahh I see now thank you.

I had to click the "Generate Processor Expert Code" under the Project tab in the S32DS SDK.

I may be running a newer version? My "Generate Code" was named the above and under a different tab?

0 Kudos