If develop something using GoldVIP-1.6.0, cannot use LLCE CAN.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If develop something using GoldVIP-1.6.0, cannot use LLCE CAN.

Jump to solution
youngdae
Contributor III

I am using GoldVIP-S32G2-v1.6.0 on S32G2 due to some circumstances and I am having a problem.

I referred to the User Manual.pdf file of GoldVIP-S32G2 v1.6.0 and proceeded as follows.
1. I installed Goldvip- S32G2 v1.6.0 and EBTresos ACG8.8.7, S32DS 3.4.
2. Follow the steps in Figure 13.4 Building the M7 Application below.
  2-1. Generated the default configuration information using EBTresos.
  2-2. I built using Util of GoldVIP-S32G2-v1.6.0 and created an Elf file.
  2-3. create goldvip-gateway.bin file using objcopy in S32DS Build_tools folder.
3. create an SDcard using fsl-image-goldvip-s32g274ardb2.sdcard and replace only the goldvip-gateway.bin file in the SDcard to write to the board.
4. I checked using Trace32 Debug and found that it booted well and LLCE_CAN0 and LLCE_CAN1 were set to use.
5. The problem was that even though I sent LLCE_CAN0 and LLCE_CAN1 using CANoe, CAN Interrupt did not work, so I could not check the can data coming in.

image-20240704-023048.png

I used GoldVIP-S32G2-v1.0.0 two years ago and experienced that the CanIf_RxIndication function shown in the screen below is called when CANoe successfully sends CAN data in the same way as above.
Currently, I confirmed that the CanIf_RxIndication function is not called in the same way, and after debugging, I realized that receiving CAN data does not cause an interrupt.
I would be grateful if you could let me know if I missed something and what else I can do and if you need more information to answer.

youngdae_0-1721265818457.png

youngdae_1-1721266156168.png

S32G-VNP-RDB2 AUTOSAR GOLDVIP 1.6

0 Kudos
1 Solution
youngdae
Contributor III

Thank you for your continued response.

I'm resolved. 

When I disable CanMultiplexedTransmission and change both Filter and Mask to 0, I get an interrupt.

It looks like filter and mask were preventing the data from coming in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We apologize for the delay.

Can you help us share the respective logs of your system? Also, were you able to run the available examples for LLCE CAN under the BSP User Manual? 

Overall, we have not seen any problems with LLCE CAN not receiving information, for which seems to be a configuration problem. 

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
youngdae
Contributor III

Hello

Thank you for the reply.

I was refer to GoldVIP-S32G2-1.6.0-User-Manual.pdf. I have attached the file.

I didn't use anything related to the Linux BSP. 

I used the fsl-image-goldvip-s32g274ardb2.sdcard file provided by NXP to create the SDcard.

and then I created the goldvip-gateway.bin file for Firmware and then replaced the goldvip-gateway.bin on the SDcard as described in the question above.

After writing, a CAN data is sent via CANoe, but CANoe shows that the transmission was successful, but no RX interrupt occurs in Trace32.

For reference, when I installed and developed the RTD and LLCE Driver using S32DesignStudio, I found that CAN Rx interrupts were generated.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We might be misunderstanding the overall inquiry. If so we do apologize.

For the following comment:

"After writing, a CAN data is sent via CANoe, but CANoe shows that the transmission was successful, but no RX interrupt occurs in Trace32."

We understand that you are able to receive CAN frames under the S32G2, is this correct? This might seem to be related to Trace32 rather than S32G2 if you are able to receive CAN Frames.

Can you replicate the examples available under the BSP User Manual? 

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
youngdae
Contributor III

Thank you for your continued response.

I'm resolved. 

When I disable CanMultiplexedTransmission and change both Filter and Mask to 0, I get an interrupt.

It looks like filter and mask were preventing the data from coming in.

0 Kudos
youngdae
Contributor III

There is a typo in the above post. The version of GoldVIP I've been using is v1.1.0, not v1.0.0.

I used GoldVIP-S32G2-v1.0.0 two years ago -> I used GoldVIP-S32G2-v1.1.0 two years ago

0 Kudos