How to build binary in different format than .elf?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build binary in different format than .elf?

Jump to solution
gearhead1107
Contributor IV

I need to Flash my S32 over comms, and to do that I need a raw hex file (or binary). Is there a linker setting to generate a different output (or a tool to convert the .elf) in S32DS? I looked through the linker settings and didn't see a way to change the output format

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew,

it is here:

pastedImage_2.png

In addition to that, you can use the build steps and objcopy for this too, see S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse . If you need more advanced file manipulation or conversions, I recommend have a look at S-Record Manipulation with GNU objcopy and Burner Utility | MCU on Eclipse  and the open source SRecord tool (CRC Checksum Generation with ‘SRecord’ Tools for GNU and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ).

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew,

it is here:

pastedImage_2.png

In addition to that, you can use the build steps and objcopy for this too, see S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse . If you need more advanced file manipulation or conversions, I recommend have a look at S-Record Manipulation with GNU objcopy and Burner Utility | MCU on Eclipse  and the open source SRecord tool (CRC Checksum Generation with ‘SRecord’ Tools for GNU and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ).

I hope this helps,

Erich

gearhead1107
Contributor IV

Thanks, Erich!

Note to anyone trying to follow along - you have to check "create flash image", hit "OK", and the next time you open the properties window you should see the "Create Flash Image" option

0 Kudos