Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with s32r27

Jump to solution
chidvilas_y
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using S32 design studio with SW32R274_RSDK_RTM_1_0_0. I'm able to import projects and run them.

But I'm unable to get "printf" working.

I've even tried enabling the macros "UART_ENABLED" or "PE_SEMIHOSTING_EN"  from the Makefile. With UART_ENABLED macro it is throwing an error at #include "uart.h" and with PE_SEMIHOSTING_EN the error is thrown at linking and __read_console, __write_console etc are not found.

Is there any getting started guide to S32R27 debugging?

Can you give me the link to example UART application code that runs on this board?

Thanks,
Chidvilas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

this radar example is pretty complex one. Good starting point is example manual  - located: 
[YOUR_S32DS_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1/S32DS/S32_RSDK_S32R274_RTM_1.0.0/Docs/RSDK_Reference_Manual/rsdk_sampleapps.html

Related to prinf - the UART driver is not part of example. Easiest way how to get debug printf messages (without Lauterbach)  is use printf via PE Micro. For that you need to change the C library to one supporting I/O (you need to change for both core projects): 

pastedImage_1.png

And define PE_SEMIHOSTING_EN (again for both core projects). 

pastedImage_2.png

Now, you should be able see DbgPrintMsg() in debug console. Anyway - I'm afraid that this example was testing with Lauterbach only. There is no info in example description that other probes (like PE Micro) are supported. 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

this radar example is pretty complex one. Good starting point is example manual  - located: 
[YOUR_S32DS_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1/S32DS/S32_RSDK_S32R274_RTM_1.0.0/Docs/RSDK_Reference_Manual/rsdk_sampleapps.html

Related to prinf - the UART driver is not part of example. Easiest way how to get debug printf messages (without Lauterbach)  is use printf via PE Micro. For that you need to change the C library to one supporting I/O (you need to change for both core projects): 

pastedImage_1.png

And define PE_SEMIHOSTING_EN (again for both core projects). 

pastedImage_2.png

Now, you should be able see DbgPrintMsg() in debug console. Anyway - I'm afraid that this example was testing with Lauterbach only. There is no info in example description that other probes (like PE Micro) are supported. 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri

chidvilas_y
Contributor II

I've followed this with the SPT example given in the SDK. But the file operations are not working. Can you tell where could be the problem? 

0 Kudos
chidvilas_y
Contributor II

Thanks Jiri. It is helpful.

0 Kudos