cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a project into DLL file on S32DS

AnhNguyenDuc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can S32DS create a project and build into DLL file?

I want to bring a embedded program to PC as a DLL file, does anyone have a document I can refer to ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

unfortunately it is not possible with S32DS. S32DS uses cross platform compilers for ARM or PowerPC. 

Only what can be possible is adding embedded project as a binary (the .bin or .srec file) into memory array in your PC .dll library. But you need to have some emulator which can execute such binary.  

Anyway - what's the goal? 

0 Kudos

AnhNguyenDuc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Jiri Kral,

I have a library want to test on a chip, but the chip is not available now, just having a simulation for that on the PC. So I need to bring the library on the PC too, then communicating between two the PCs. (maybe stub some driver stuffs, build the library into a DLL files, ...).

If you have the experience about that, please share to me.

Thanks

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, have no experience with that. As I understand it - you have some .dll which can simulate the target device? And you like to use the target code build with S32DS instead of the .dll in some simulator? If So, there is no way how to do it. 

0 Kudos

AnhNguyenDuc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, I have a source code run on other chips, and need to run on the new chip. But, currently, the new chip is not available, just have a simulation for the chip on the PC, so I need to bring the source code to PC, build it into DLL file, and communicate with the Chip simulation on the another PC.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I wrote you email. So, such approach is not possible. 

0 Kudos