GCC files -> GHS compilation possibility? where to focus ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GCC files -> GHS compilation possibility? where to focus ?

lakshmikanth
Contributor III

Hi NXP Community,

I have a query regarding re-usability of code from GCC/GNU in GHS MULTI IDE. 

Description: I would like to use S32DS REV-1 (for generating code for few necessary modules of MPC5777C). 

- As S32DS REV-1 doesn't support GHS Plugins currently (because of eclipse-neon), I would like to generate code using existing GCC itself and use those files in GHS Project for compilation. 

- Please give me clue on where I shall be careful in doing so i.e  gcc generated files being compiling with GHS Compiler. 

- I'm aware of #pragma and stuff. Still would like to listen from experts for some quick check list. (Ex: I would like to configured MPU Module (using S32DS_GCC) for files and then compile them using GHS externally. 

- Please give your valuable suggestions on this approach.

Thanks in advance. S32DS Demo Project for MPC5777C peter vlna  martin kovar greenhills to s32‌ s23ds power s32gcc‌ multi ghs‌ ghs #gccToGhs

5 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lakshimi,

I'd recommend you to use the latest S32DS Power 2017.R1:

S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture 2017.R1 (Windows/Linux) released!

in combination with the latest update:

S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture 2017.R1 - Update 8 available

This version of S32DS  is based on Neon Eclipse (v4.6) and there already exists GHS plugin v2.2.5 that supports Neon Eclipse.

Please contact GHS support or check the GHS installation folder "c:\ghs\comp_2018xx\eclipse" to get the eclipse plugin.

pastedImage_9.png

With the plugin installed you can create a new project (even based on SDK)

pastedImage_10.png

pastedImage_11.png

Hope it helps.

Stan

lakshmikanth
Contributor III

Hi Stanislav,

a) I have the following contents in GHS (2015) -> eclipse folder. So first thing i'm not sure which jar file is to be selected from below. i.e artifacts.jar or content.jar

pastedImage_2.png

b) Secondly: In folders "eclipse->features" and "eclipse->features" also there are some jar files. 

- Please let me know if you have any idea on whether these files are correct or not. 

pastedImage_5.png

-

pastedImage_6.png

So, are any of ".jar" file can be selected for integration GHS Plugin to S32DS. I'm clueless. 

Thanks for your support. 

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Lakshimi,

I'm afraid that your GHS version is too old to contain eclipse plugin for neon eclipse (S32DS Power 2017.R1)

AFAIK GHS has updated eclipse plugin version in 2018.

Please be aware that the GreenHills plugin supports the compiler version 2017.1 and newer.

It could be possible to use the S32K SDK or AMMCLIB in combination with an older compiler version (e.g. your version from 2015)  but this combination was never tested or guaranteed.

I'd strongly recommend you to contact GHS support to get updated eclipse plugin and recommended tools version.

Regards,

Stan

lakshmikanth
Contributor III

Hi Stanislav, 

You seem to be right. As of now we have only GHS-2017 as latest version. 

So, as you mentioned its possible from GHS-2018, seems I may not be able to achieve it for now. 

Ok. Thanks a lot for the information Mr.Stanislav and Mike Doidge. 

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello lakshmikanth‌,

The process to integrate the GHS Plugin is much simpler than you are making it to be.

Just go to menu "Help" -> "Install New Software" and click on "Add..." button. Then select 'Local...' and navigate to the location stanish‌ identified. You do not need to select any file, just navigating to the folder is enough. After you click on 'OK' from the Add Repository menu, then you should see the list of GHS Plugins. Select the one for PowerPC as this is the correct one for MPC5777C. Click 'Next' and follow the prompts until it is installed and the S32DS is restarted.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Mike