Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run program "make": Launching failed

Jump to solution
sk4
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using S32 Design Studio 2017.R1 for my project development. When I try to build the project (Project->Build Project), I get following displayed on console window,

12:38:11 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project <project name> ****
make -j4 all
Cannot run program "make": Launching failed

12:38:11 Build Finished (took 60ms)

When I check the debug folder, I found no binary or map file generated.

Please let me know for the missing project settings, if any.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
sk4
Contributor II

Hello Jiri,

The issue for 'make' not executing was related to the cmd.exe error. I got it resolved.

Thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

are you able run from windows console the make.exe ? It is located in 
[YOUR_S32DS_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\utils\msys32\usr\bin\ 

Sometimes with HDD encryption are some files corrupted. 

Jiri

0 Kudos
sk4
Contributor II

Hello Jiri,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the file location and it is available on that path. When I tried running make.exe, it was failing to invoke. When checked, it looks some issue with cmd.exe (Command Prompt) application. Is running make.exe linked to this issue?

I am getting this resolved on priority. Thanks.

Regards,

Suhas

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

yes, the S32DDS just execute make.exe file - not exactly from windows command line, but from msys32 environment. 

To be sure that there is issue with make itself - please run in msys_shell.cmd in 

[YOUR_S32DS_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\utils\msys32 folder and just type make in appeared console window.  The output should look like this:  
pastedImage_1.png

If the make doesn't work, try to reinstall your S32DS. If you aren't able even run the msys shell, it may help power off (reaal power off - not restart) your Windows 10 machine. There is some issue for heap mapping for msys caused by Win10, and physical shutdown solve it. 

Jiri

0 Kudos
sk4
Contributor II

Hello Jiri,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried running msys_shell but it is also giving same pop up which I saw for cmd.exe. Not sure whether msys_shell calls the cmd in background. I will try to get cmd issue resolved and will check if it solves.

I tried restarting my machine (power down and power up) but it did not solve the issue. Will try to reinstalling S32DS.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
sk4
Contributor II

Hello Jiri,

The issue for 'make' not executing was related to the cmd.exe error. I got it resolved.

Thanks for all your help.

suxin1
Contributor I

Hello,

Can you tell me how solve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos