cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build time is very high with S32DS for ARM V2.0

yusupkhany
Contributor II

Dear All,

I have installed S32DS for ARM 2.0. It was working fine. I don’t know what happened suddenly it’s not building then I reinstalled somehow its building the source code but it’s taking so much time…..

Then I referred this link https://community.nxp.com/thread/460814

I tried to build without network connection, its fast.

I’m sure that S32DS ARM v2.00 build time has some dependency with network

Then I have installed update 1 and update 2 for S32DS ARM v2.00. No improvement.

Please give me some helpful suggestion.

Looking forward to hear from you

Best regards,

Yusup Khan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ben_Akleva
Contributor I

Hello there,

I'm new to µC-programming with S32 Design Studio for ARM and faced the same problem like Yusup. I attached two images where the build time is shown and the network connection symbol from Windows.

- The build slows down at every project from "Hello World" to bigger example projects, if I'm connected to the network.

- I didn't try S32DS ARM v1.3

It seems that localhost which is used for debugging has a problem. I can't see anything special in TCPView. Maybe there's already a solution? Or is it a firewal/antivirus problem?

Thanks,

Benjamin

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ben,

Can you see any TCP reconnection packet in captured TCP packet stream?

Are you using a version control software/plugin such as SVN?

Thanks,

Stan

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the report.

Could you possibly provide us with more details since we are not able to reproduce it on our side.

• does the build slow down occurs every time when you click the build or it is sort of random (e.g. one a 10 attempts)?
  • is the same problem with previous version of S32DS ARM v1.3 (S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.3 (Windows/Linux) released! )?
  • is it specific to your project or it is reproducible even with empty (non-SDK) project?

Note:

Perhaps you could try to capture network traffic until the build process is finished (e.g. via a network sniffer like Wireshark)?  Then you might also try to identify which  process owns the TCP connection suspected for the 

build delays (e.g. TCPView).

This info will help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Stan

0 Kudos