Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Memory available in S32K144

Jump to solution
mrajanna
Contributor V

Hi,

From Data spec of S32K144, I only understand there is 512 KB of flash and 64 KB of system RAM.

But from one of reference manual of S32K144, I got below screenshot which I am not able to interpret. Can you please provide more information if you can please ?

Referring to below screenshot, I know PRAM is of 128 Bytes.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Mohan

Labels (2)
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohan, 

S32K144 has several types of memory. There are basic ones - 512kB of program flash, 64kB of SRAM and configurable FlexMemory - 64kB of FlexNVM and 4kB of FlexRAM. 

On address X starts FlexNVM - without CSEc module used as Data Flash - and portion of Data Flash is used for CSEc module based on CSEc module configuration. 

On address Y starts FlexRAM - used as a SRAM if no CSEc module and when CSEc module is used and configured FlexRAM is used as a EERAM for CSEc module. 

You can find more details in reference manual (S32K1xx Series Reference Manual Rev. 4) on page 68 (memory types) and on page 85 - Security Overview. 

Jiri

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mrajanna
Contributor V

Hi Jiri,

How can I know how much of RAM memory is consumed when I application is running on S32K144 EVB?

Is it possible to know in debug mode ?

Thanks

Mohan

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohan,

the GNU size utility already can report the amount of RAM used at linking time, see https://community.nxp.com/message/931784 

I hope this helps,

Erich

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohan, 

S32K144 has several types of memory. There are basic ones - 512kB of program flash, 64kB of SRAM and configurable FlexMemory - 64kB of FlexNVM and 4kB of FlexRAM. 

On address X starts FlexNVM - without CSEc module used as Data Flash - and portion of Data Flash is used for CSEc module based on CSEc module configuration. 

On address Y starts FlexRAM - used as a SRAM if no CSEc module and when CSEc module is used and configured FlexRAM is used as a EERAM for CSEc module. 

You can find more details in reference manual (S32K1xx Series Reference Manual Rev. 4) on page 68 (memory types) and on page 85 - Security Overview. 

Jiri

harish_g2
Contributor II

Hi Jiri, 

As you mentioned S32K144 is having 64KB.

But as per the memory map xls.  SRAM_L (extends downwards)  1FFF_8000 SRAM_U (extends upwards) 2000_6FFF

This means the size is 61KB.

Where is the other 3KB pointing? Is it possible to use the other 3KB? 

Can you please explain this?

Thanks..!

Harish G

0 Kudos
pranavshinde
Contributor II

2000_6FFF - 1FFF_8000 = 60 KB

Remaining 4KB is FlexRAM.

0 Kudos