Does the Flash ECC reprogram the D-flash in case of a single bit error?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Does the Flash ECC reprogram the D-flash in case of a single bit error?

跳至解决方案
594 次查看
utwig
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to use the D-flash ECC capabilities of the MC9S12XEP100.

Let's say that the ECC detects a single bit error in the D-flash while I am accessing it. Is the relevant physical D-flash sector automatically reprogrammed? Or do I have to implement an ISR for this? The MC9S12XEP100 reference manual vaguely refers to: "Automated program and erase algorithm with verify and generation of ECC parity bits."

Cheers,

Timo

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
441 次查看
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No,

ECC algorithm works during flash reading. If there is single bit error, ECC algorithm will try fix this error and you will read repaired value instead of real value.

If you want “remove” this single bit error, you have to erase whole sector (256 byte in case of D-Flash) and program all data back.

When you program phrase (8bytes), eight ECC bits will be calculated and programmed automatically.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
1 回复
442 次查看
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No,

ECC algorithm works during flash reading. If there is single bit error, ECC algorithm will try fix this error and you will read repaired value instead of real value.

If you want “remove” this single bit error, you have to erase whole sector (256 byte in case of D-Flash) and program all data back.

When you program phrase (8bytes), eight ECC bits will be calculated and programmed automatically.

0 项奖励
回复