cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN J1939 library for MC9S12XHZ512

SARY
Contributor III

hi

Is there any library available for CAN j1939 for MC9S12XHZ512 controller.Th library should contain all the CAN J1939 protcol stack including DM1,DM2 and BAM message handling.

Actually ,I am working on MC9S12XHZ512 controller and implementing CAN on it. But I am facing some problem in DM1 and BAM(Broadcast Announce message)   implemntation.

Can anyone tell me if there is some CAN library available or not?

Also,transmission of data on CAN should be on interrupt basis or not?

Thnaks in advance

SARY 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jrsimma
Contributor I

For others that might find this post, here is our J1939 Software Protocol Stack.

egoodii, I know who you are and thanks for the reference.  Very kind.

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I highly recommend getting a full stack from Simma Software.

Very cost effective and efficient.

0 Kudos

SARY
Contributor III

Thanks for reply.

Can you please tell me have you used it? I mean is it easy to interafce  with freescale 16- bit controller and does this stack perform all CAN functionality.

SARY

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Yes, I am a user, on a DZ60, which also contains MSCAN hardware.  He has ports to many platforms.  The J1939 stack is very sufficient.  After you call  j1939_init( void ) the stack will call j1939app_process( j1939_t *msg ) with every non-network-management packet received.  Network management (-81 stuff) is handled by the stack by your periodic calls to j1939_update( void ).  Overhead is very low.

0 Kudos

SARY
Contributor III
hi Thanks for the valuable information. I will check out the protocol stack suggested by you. Regards SARY
0 Kudos