cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about running IPC demo in bsc9131rdb

symsong
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working with bsc9131rdb and want to run the ipc demo,I read the IPC_README.txt and follow the step but there comes errors when I run make:

/opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/environment-setup-ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnu-gcc -c ./lib/fsl_usmmgr.c -Wall -O3 -lpthread -I ./include -I../fsl_shm/include -I /data_nmg/ashish/linux-2.6//drivers/misc -Wall -o ./lib/fsl_usmmgr.o

make: /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/environment-setup-ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnu-gcc: Command not found

make: *** [mem_lib] Error 127

the steps are:

1. Set KERNEL_DIR as the path of linux soruce code

Eg: export KERNEL_DIR=/data_nmg/ashish/linux-2.6/

2. Set CROSS_COMPILE as the <path of toolchain>/gcc-4.5.55-eglibc-2.11.55/powerpc-linux-gnu/bin/powerpc-linux-gnu-

Eg: export CROSS_COMPILE=/toolchain/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.5.55-eglibc-2.11.55/powerpc-linux-gnu/bin/powerpc-linux-gnu-

My PC's linux is Ubuntu 12.04.5,and my toolchain's dir is /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/environment-setup-ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe

what should I set for KERNEL_DIR and CROSS_COMPILE?Or do I have something wrong with my toolchain?

5 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sym song,

The method that you use Linux SDK standalone Toolchain is not correct.

Please execute "source /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/environment-setup-ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe" first, then use the command powerpc-fsl-linux-gnuspe-gcc.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

michelle
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

Hi,

1.  Yes WUSDK 1.6p3 is what you would want.  Both the toolchain and WUSDK are NDA only so you would need to find an NXP distributor and go through that process to get the software.

2.  The DSP bootloader is a Linux application (and drivers) which comes as part of the WUSDK.  This runs the DSP subsystem and DSP centric peripherals after the Linux OS boots and is running.  There is no standalone bootloader.  For DSP standalone debug, we use CodeWarrior which runs initialization scripts to configure the 913x prior to downloading code to the target and build DSP code with some macro settings to mimic the presence of a PA core running Linux.   

michelle
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

Hi

It looks like you are trying to use SDK 1.9?  If you are, that is going to be the wrong way to go.  For 9131/2 parts, the standard SDK releases does not include the IPC code nor the DSP boot loader, and the drivers that go along with these, it is strictly going to support the PA sides of these devices.  What you may want to start with for a femto/pico cell like project or any other type of mobile telecom system on these platforms would be WUSDK 1.6 and this uses a very specific toolchain Linux-gcc 4.5.55.  This is how the DSP bootloader and IPC code was tested and validated.  It was never ported into the standard NXP SDK releases unfortunately.  The instructions you are describing are setting up a path to your kernel build and setting the directory for the cross compiler tool chain.   A cross compiler is simply a compiler that runs on one architecture and builds code for another...  In this case it runs on an x86 host and builds Linux friendly Power Architecture code (e500v2 flavor).  Hope this helps!

symsong
Contributor II

Hello?

0 Kudos

symsong
Contributor II

Thanks so much for the reply,it helps a lot!Now I'v got questions as follow:

1.It sounds like if I want to start with for a femto/pico cell project,I should use WUSDK 1.6 instead of SDK1.9?If that's right,Where can I get the WUSDK1.6,I just find WUSDK1.3 on the website.And I didn't find the toolchain Linux-gcc 4.5.55 in WUSDK1.3,is it included in the WUSDK1.6?

2.is there DSP bootloader installed in my 9131 already or I should install it myself and how?And I don't know how to boot DSP bootloader,when I start my 9131 there is noly powerpc bootloader and Linux...

PS:I'm a newbie in emedded system,I would appreciate it if you help me

0 Kudos