T1024: Bringing up 10G interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024: Bringing up 10G interface

manjularajesh
Contributor II

We have T1024 based card , serdes protocol used is 0x95 as in T1024RDB. But  on 10G(XFI) interface instead of PHY we have external XFP module(tranceiver) to support optical interface,what changes to be made in u-boot and linux to support.

In dts file, fm1-mac1 made as fixed link , what should be the link speed and phy connection type to be given.

regards,

manjula

0 Kudos
2 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you wish to completely skip any PHY initialization in Linux, you can specify the interface type xgmii and 10000 for the speed. Although it's not documented, it is recognized.

u-Boot recognizes the interface type automatically from RCW-controlled registers.

It should be sufficient not to call fm_info_phy_address() from the board initialization code for the corresponding interface to prevent u-Boot from initializing it.

You can also take a look at board/freescale/ls1043aqds/eth.c to see how XGMII interface is handled.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

manjularajesh
Contributor II

Hello Platon,

If we don't set fm_info_phy_address() and  fm_info_set_mdio(); we cannot see the 10g interface in u-boot like Below:

FM1@DTSEC3, FM1@DTSEC4 [PRIME], FM1@TGEC1

Then I cannot ping using FM1@TGEC1 in u-boot, so I am setting some unused Phy address as 0x11,

In one more trial, called only fm_info_set_mdio() then it was taking default phy address as 0x0, this address was used by marvell phy on RGMII.

I am using sdk1.7 in that I am not finding the file:  board/freescale/ls1043aqds/eth.c pls fwd it.

regards,

manjula

0 Kudos