Kernel Build Directory Not Present in /lib directory.

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Kernel Build Directory Not Present in /lib directory.

1,274 次查看
vigneshr
Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm compiling vif command to powerpc executable for my project. I'm Compiling source code using powerpc ubuntu to built the vif utility with powerpc executable.

When I compile, It gives the below error,

ERROR:

make -C /lib/modules/3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6/build M=/root/project modules

make: *** /lib/modules/3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.

When I search in forum like, how to build these directories, got some suggestions to install some packages like linux-headers-$(uname-r)

Then I try to install the package, but it is not avail

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree      

Reading state information... Done

E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6

E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6'

How can I resolve this problem and make those directories available ??

Below is my system details,

uname -a

Linux t4240-ubuntu1310 3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6 #1 SMP Fri Aug 14 14:31:09 IST 2015 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

uname -r

3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6

Kindly help me with this issue..

Thanks,

--Vignesh

0 项奖励
回复
1 回复

1,073 次查看
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vignesh,

The folder should contain Kernel source, which is generated when building Kernel, but not merged to rootfs by default.

Please refer to the following to regenerate rootfs including Kernel source.

Please add "kernel-dev" in the variable IMAGE_INSTALL in the recipe meta-fsl-networking/images/fsl-image-core.bb, and use "bitbake fsl-image-core" command to regenerate rootfs filesystem.

Kernel source will be integrated in the folder /usr/src/kernel/, create a symbolic link to make the folder /lib/modules/3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6/build link to Kernel source folder.

$ln -sv /usr/src/kernel/  /lib/modules/3.12.37-rt51-QorIQ-SDK-V1.8+gf488de6/build

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励
回复