cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale meta-java layer support

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using QorIQ-SDK-V1.8 for T1040 RDB. I am able to build the test java image on it. It has zero, cacao and jamvm VM. I have java application which is running on the zero vm with this SDK.

But not case with CACAO and JAMVM. In this meta-java, icedtea project has version 2.3.12 and openjdk7_25b30. But currently updated versions available. I am looking to port 2.6.2 icedtea with this meta layer. I have seen the patches are available in the yocto projcet- meta-java layer.

but facing issues with compilation of icedtea2.6.2 package.

I just want to ask, Is freescale (NXP) maintainaing the repository with this kind of the updated layers.?

Or What could be the approch to port the patches in the meta-java or  any openembedded repository to freescale meta-layer patches porting?

Regards,

Surendra

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Surendra Dhobale,

Freescale pulls new version recipes from openembedded repository, perform building and porting for Freescale PowerPC/ARM platform.

These two days, I tried to integrate openjdk-7_91b01-2.6.2 in SDK 1.8 environment, but encountered many compiling errors, much time needs to be spent to fix all these building errors one by one for T1040 platform.

If you indeed need the new version openjdk 7, please try to download recipes for openjdk-7_91b01-2.6.2 and set up the build environment to fix them one by one.

Please back up recipes in meta-java/recipes-core/openjdk/ first, download openjdk-7_91b01-2.6.2 recipes from meta-java - Layer containing recipes for OpenJDK and other open source Java-related components and put them in this folder.

Modify meta-java/conf/layer.conf as the following

PREFERRED_VERSION_icedtea7-native = "2.1.3"

PREFERRED_VERSION_openjdk-7-jre ?= "91b01-2.6.2"

During the building, you will encounter many building errors, the patches for openjdk-7-25b30 integrated in SDK 1.8 would be useful to fix them.

If further assistance is needed, please feel free to let me know.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello Yiping Wang,

Thanks for your reply.

I have download  openjdk-7: update to IcedTea 2.6.2 OpenJDK 7u91b01 patch available in the yocto openembedded repository and updated in the our SDK1.8 java -meta layer. Also updated  openjdk and icedtea core- receipes which depends for openjdk7 and patches. Also made the changes in the layer.conf as per your suggestion.

Configuartion stage perfectly passed, but at the time of the compilation of the openjdk7, getting the compilation errors in the /sun/awt/X11/XEvent.java  files.

I dont want X11 feature, so tried to disable X11 feature, suggested in the patch icedtea7-native: compiling without x11, after applying same getting the compilation errors.

Please find attached logs. Give me few pointers to disable X11 and  avoid the compilation errors.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Surendra

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Surendra,

In SDK 1.8 original openjdk recipes folder, the patch meta-java/recipes-core/openjdk/openjdk-7-25b30/icedtea-crosscompile-fix.patch should fix X11 compile error.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello Yiping,

Thanks for your reply.

My motto is used updated icedtea version. As per yocto repository,now patches are in patches-openjdk-7  folder instead of openjdk-7-25b30. It has icetea-crosscompile-fix.patch also. beside that getting the compilation errors of X11.

To disable X-11 what need to be change in openjdk and icedtea.

Best Regards,

Surendra

0 Kudos