cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add NVMe driver with menuconfig SDK 2.0

Jump to solution
sandratrujillog
Contributor III

I want to get the NVMe drivers installed on my T2080RDB-PC board. The problem is that I have purchased an SSD that I installed in the PCI slot and the device is recognized by the system but I can not use it as a hard drive. I have thought that the problem may be with the NVMe drivers, with the 'lspci' command the device is recognized as an attachment in the image but if I do the command 'fdisk -l' the storage device is not listed.

I appreciate if someone helps me either to install the drivers in my image or to discover what the problem is.

Regarding the option to install the drivers, I am trying to use 'menuconfig'.The first step I make is from the directory of my build, I launch the command 'bitbake -c menuconfig virtual / kernel'. 

Then, navigating through the menu I activate the option 'NVM Express block device', then I choose the save option and I am asked to enter a new name for the .config file, I enter it and from that point my doubts arise.

Where is this new .config file saved? I have not managed to find this file. From this point on, how can I compile the new kernel that contains these drivers? I have tried the option 'bitbake fsl-image-full' and I have obtained a new image .tar.gz but not new files uImage.dtb or uImage.bin. Does that new image include the drivers?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sandratrujillog
Contributor III

I have already solved the problem, what happened to me was that changing the kernel configuration saved the file '.config' with a different name and when compiling again the image 'bitbake fsl-image-full' did not do it with the new ones changes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sandratrujillog
Contributor III

I have already solved the problem, what happened to me was that changing the kernel configuration saved the file '.config' with a different name and when compiling again the image 'bitbake fsl-image-full' did not do it with the new ones changes

0 Kudos