What's the difference between Driver Suite 10.4 and PEx for Kinetis 3.0.0 (Eclipse plugins)

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

What's the difference between Driver Suite 10.4 and PEx for Kinetis 3.0.0 (Eclipse plugins)

ソリューションへジャンプ
714件の閲覧回数
robert-lightwav
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm in the middle of setting up my enviroment for Kinetis development. I prefer to use pure Eclipse build, not prebuild IDE, that's why I want to use PE plugin for Eclipse. I prefer to use Eclipse in newer version, but what I read is that Luna is not supported in 10.4 but when I installed 10.4 plugin in Keppler I could not add Kinetis SDK to my projects.

What are main difference between versions in my topic? And what should I pick to develop my software, mostly working on Kinetis L.

Kind regards,

Robert

EDIT:
I succesfully installed Driver Suite 10.4 on Eclipse Keppler, but couldnt install PEx_for_Kinetis_3.0.0_Install_into_Eclipse_3.7_4.2_4.3, I also was able to install PEx_for_Kinetis_3.0.0_Install_into_Eclipse_4.4 on Juna but had a problems with updates - I made different post about it.

0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
557件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

the DriverSuite 10.4(.2) comes in two variants: with an Eclipse distribution (4.2, Juno) or as a plugin for Juno (4.2)/Kepler(4.3).

it does not work to my knowledge with Luna.

I have the Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.x working with Luna and Mars (see Going to Mars: Building a DIY Eclipse IDE for ARM Embedded Microcontrollers | MCU on Eclipse ).

The advantages of Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.x (compared to DS 10.4) are:

- newer/updated Processor Expert version

- support for Kinetis SDK

- support for newer Eclipse version (Luna/Mars)

- new Kinetis Devices supported.

- basically replaces driver suite for Kinetis devices, can be used for GNU, IAR and Keil.

There is only one thing which is in 10.4 and not in Kinetis 3.0.0: there is no support for ColdFire+ and Vybrid. But not an issue if doing development for ARM/Kinetis devices.

I hope this helps,

Erich

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)
558件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

the DriverSuite 10.4(.2) comes in two variants: with an Eclipse distribution (4.2, Juno) or as a plugin for Juno (4.2)/Kepler(4.3).

it does not work to my knowledge with Luna.

I have the Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.x working with Luna and Mars (see Going to Mars: Building a DIY Eclipse IDE for ARM Embedded Microcontrollers | MCU on Eclipse ).

The advantages of Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.x (compared to DS 10.4) are:

- newer/updated Processor Expert version

- support for Kinetis SDK

- support for newer Eclipse version (Luna/Mars)

- new Kinetis Devices supported.

- basically replaces driver suite for Kinetis devices, can be used for GNU, IAR and Keil.

There is only one thing which is in 10.4 and not in Kinetis 3.0.0: there is no support for ColdFire+ and Vybrid. But not an issue if doing development for ARM/Kinetis devices.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 件の賞賛
返信
557件の閲覧回数
robert-lightwav
Contributor I

Thank you very much Erich! I managed to set myself a proper environment thanks to your website.

Cheers.

0 件の賞賛
返信