Unable to configure Ethernet_LDD (Processor Expert) in MII mode to send raw packets.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure Ethernet_LDD (Processor Expert) in MII mode to send raw packets.

Jump to solution
navinarsavad
Contributor II

Hi All,     I am trying to implement an ethernet driver for sending raw packets using processor expert, and I found the Ethernet example in the freescale folder "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.5\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K60N512\Ethernet". This essentially sends a packets and receives it in the tower board itself using internal loopback, to check if the transmission and reception are working properly. It is configured to use RMII interface. I need to configure it so that it works in MII mode. I changed the processor expert configuration for Ethernet_LDD for operation in LDD mode, changed the on board clock input to the PHY in TWR-SER board from 50MHz to 25 MHz, and tried to run it. The Frames are not being transmitted, and the interrupts and events are not even getting triggered even once even though they are all triggering in RMII mode. Is there something I have missed? I am attaching the Ethernet_LDD configurations for Processor Expert for RMII and MII. It would be great if someone could point out if there is a mistake in my configuration.

Thanks in Advance,

Navinar Savad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
navinarsavad
Contributor II

Hi All,

Sorry for the above post. Going back again to the schematic I noticed that since two of the MII pins MII0_RXD3(PTA9) and MII0_RXD2(PTA10) are connected to JTAG's TRACE_D1 and TRACE_D0. The rest of the MII only pins are not connected to the PHY. Only the RMII pins of the controller are connected to the PHY. So the MII cannot be accessed in the K60 board nor the K70. I just made MII work in a K64 custom board, so the configuration I posted above (images) are right I suppose; I didn't use the management interface option though in K64 .

When using MII please note that if the jtag and ethernet both uses the same pins(the ones I mentioned above), then if the jtag is connected ethernet won't work. Load the program, then remove the jtag debugger. Debugging the ethernet in MII interface will not be possible.

Regards,

Navinar Savad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
navinarsavad
Contributor II

Hi All,

Sorry for the above post. Going back again to the schematic I noticed that since two of the MII pins MII0_RXD3(PTA9) and MII0_RXD2(PTA10) are connected to JTAG's TRACE_D1 and TRACE_D0. The rest of the MII only pins are not connected to the PHY. Only the RMII pins of the controller are connected to the PHY. So the MII cannot be accessed in the K60 board nor the K70. I just made MII work in a K64 custom board, so the configuration I posted above (images) are right I suppose; I didn't use the management interface option though in K64 .

When using MII please note that if the jtag and ethernet both uses the same pins(the ones I mentioned above), then if the jtag is connected ethernet won't work. Load the program, then remove the jtag debugger. Debugging the ethernet in MII interface will not be possible.

Regards,

Navinar Savad

0 Kudos