Is it possible to use the (KSDK based) PEx  fsl_usb_descriptors component to generate a Com Device Class descriptor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the (KSDK based) PEx  fsl_usb_descriptors component to generate a Com Device Class descriptor?

Jump to solution
jeffreygraves
Contributor III

We are just now switching to Kinetis MCUs.

My products need both USB CDC and UART.

I would like to keep my project KSDK based.

I would like to at least use the PEx KSDK components fsl_usb_descriptors (and fsl_usb_framework) so that the mcu and USB clock settings are still managed by PEx.

Is it possible to use the PEx  fsl_usb_descriptors component to generate a Com Device Class descriptor?

Is it possible to then manually include the KSDK CDC code in the (KDS_2.0) project?

Does this sound like a reasonable endeavor?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have discussed your question with the developer who is responsible for the fsl_usb_device_cdc_class component development. The fsl_usb_descriptors PEx component can be used for implementation of Communication Device Class but it is quite big effort to implement it.

You can do it in KDS 2.0.0 directly (create a Kinetis Design Studio application created with PEx and Kinetis SDK). Or you can include generated source code files into any other project in KDS 2.0.0 manually.

If you need additional instructions about it, provide me details about your tasks, please.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have discussed your question with the developer who is responsible for the fsl_usb_device_cdc_class component development. The fsl_usb_descriptors PEx component can be used for implementation of Communication Device Class but it is quite big effort to implement it.

You can do it in KDS 2.0.0 directly (create a Kinetis Design Studio application created with PEx and Kinetis SDK). Or you can include generated source code files into any other project in KDS 2.0.0 manually.

If you need additional instructions about it, provide me details about your tasks, please.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
jeffreygraves
Contributor III

Merek,

Thank you for checking into this.  I was able to implement the USB CDC by using the Kinetis SDK (1.1.0) directly.  I did keep the fsl_usb_descriptors PEx component in my project long enough to verify that my clocking options were configured correctly.

Best regards,

Jeff Graves

0 Kudos