I can execute debug session once

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can execute debug session once

_Ferrari_
Contributor IV

I am developing a project that uses the LPC55S28JDB100 microprocessor. I have just received the board, which I connected to the PC via NXP MCU LINK. I am able to download the firmware to the microprocessor, but when I execute the 'step over' on the BOARD_InitBootPins() routine, the debugging process stops. Probably some Input/Output pin is interfering with the debugging connections. So I try to rerun the debugging session to analyze the problem better, but the following errors are displayed:

_Ferrari__0-1704211130306.png

and then

_Ferrari__1-1704211181601.png_Ferrari__2-1704211227752.png

I suspect that the software is attempting to execute the incorrect program from the flash memory, which is causing the debugger to lose communication with the device.

Did you have similar problem ?

How did you fixed it ?

Thank you very much for your help and cooperation

best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @_Ferrari_ 

1) Is your board an NXP official demo board or do your own board?

2) Please try to enter ISP mode, then erase all flash, then use a simple hello world SDK demo to debug.

3) Debug step by step to check which code run into problem.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

_Ferrari_
Contributor IV

dear @Alice_Yang 

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

you wrote:

> 1) Is your board an NXP official demo board or do your own board?

It is my own board

> 2) Please try to enter ISP mode, then erase all flash, then use a simple hello world SDK demo to debug.

> 3) Debug step by step to check which code run into problem.

I did it using boot pin of CPU. I deleted the flash and I reload the program. Then, step by step, I found the problem. Of course it works but is there any alternative?

I forgot to say that I' m using MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.1_1197 under Windows 10

There is any possibility to configure MCUXpresso IDE in order to never start the CPU firmware while I'm enetring in debug mode ?

best regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @_Ferrari_ 

"There is any possibility to configure MCUXpresso IDE in order to never start the CPU firmware while I'm enetring in debug mode ?"

->> Sorry I don't really understand this question, please describe it more detail.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

_Ferrari_
Contributor IV

Dear @Alice_Yang 

Sorry for the confusing question. I meant that my debug system starts the program as soon as I update the software in the CPU, even if I don't press the  _Ferrari__0-1705412458765.png button.

What setting do I need to change in the IDE to prevent this?

I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.1_1197

best regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @_Ferrari_ 

1) Please check whether config "Set breakpoint at:"

Alice_Yang_0-1705892114743.png

2) How about creating a simple project to debug. Pay attention choose the same part number with your chip.

If there is some wrong with project, debug will crash. Need erases flash before next debug.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos