How to update fw via USB: Processor Expert Stack for USB and usage like a folder

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update fw via USB: Processor Expert Stack for USB and usage like a folder

Jump to solution
holyhope
Contributor III

Hi to all, now I'm developing with K20  (MK20DN512VLL10 in LQFP 100-pin package) before i developed wit FRDM-K64

I heared that on K20 the USB stack will not be update and developed only with KSDK (for uP where KSDK is available).

What I want to do is the Firmware Update via USB flash drive. I have already do in some other application VIA SERIAL (RS232) MODE. What I never did in my past is usa an USB stack.

I have imported, with processor expert, the component "USB_LDD" , i try to add some other component (FSL_USB_MSD_host, FSL_USB_Mouse, FSL_USB_Keyboard, FSL_USB_CDC, USB_Host_CMX, USB_HID_CMX, USB_Config_CMX) but no one seems to be the correct.

What I need is something that allow my firmware to dected if a Memory-Stick is connected and route inside his memory. (The transfer of data is another big  progress and I need FileSystem and many other thing, for now I only want transfer small byte for example!)

Example: I want that the firmware give an event (like timer event in file Events.c) when a memory stick is connected and he can access to the file located in a folder like this "H:\ExampleFolder\ExampleFile.hex" and transfer the first 100 byte

What I must to do? i do not find no-one processr expert method that allow me to do this in USB_LDD and I not find example for my specific uP or other smilar uP that use ProcessorExpert components...!!!

Many thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In your case, you must use Freescale USB Stack v 4.1.1 (PEx components). You can find instructions how to create an USB MSD Host application by using these components on web USB MSD Host for the Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse

There are also used another Processor Expert components provided by Erich Styger, see ErichStyger/McuOnEclipse_PEx · GitHub

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you want to start a development of an application based on fsl_usb_.... components, you can use the Processor Expert Kinetis SDK USB Stack Integration User Guide that is available as a part of the help.

You can open the guide by the following way in KDS 2.0.0 (you must have KSDK 1.1.0 Eclipse Update installed):

- Open Component Library window and find fsl_usb_descriptors component.

- Open the context menu of this component (click by right button of the mouse) and select Help on Component item.

- In the Help window, open the fsl_usb_descriptions page

- The fsl_usb_descriptors help page (General Info tab) contains link to the user guide "USB stack Processor Expert integration documentation" at the bottom of the page.

USB stack Processor Expert integration documentation link.PNG.png

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

holyhope
Contributor III

I really want to use SDK! But... I'm developing on MK20DN512VLL10 and SDK is not available ... When I developed for K64 I used SDK (Not for USB but for other driver, like serial com), now I can't...

there isn't any other solution without SDK?

edit: If is available, there isn't an .hex file that use the USB or a complete project that use USB? The first step is check if HW is OK, after that I can develop the USB

Thanks

Massimiliano

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In your case, you must use Freescale USB Stack v 4.1.1 (PEx components). You can find instructions how to create an USB MSD Host application by using these components on web USB MSD Host for the Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse

There are also used another Processor Expert components provided by Erich Styger, see ErichStyger/McuOnEclipse_PEx · GitHub

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
holyhope
Contributor III

Thanks, I will try two way; The first with PEx of mcuoneclipse the second the KSDK component developing on K60 instead K20 (my uP will be k20 but I set on PEx k60 for enable KSDK)

0 Kudos